Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Failure

Hi all,

I've been following the forum for a while ... unfortunately my first post is a tale of woe.

Our Lexus 400h is 2006, 56 Reg, 59k miles 4 yrs and 9 months old. Yesterday the car failed when attempting to pull away at traffic lights - it simply lost all power and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas Tree - Messages flashed up - "Check Hybrid System", "Check AWD", "Check VSC" and lots of lights including the (!) symbol.

The car has today been transported to my local Lexus garage for analysis. We await the results. Based on the Lexus recall notices, the car wasn't part of the inverter recall.

Would appreciate any advice you have on the possible cause or on the Lexus Hybrid Warranty (which I think still covers some componets (just?).

Cheers,

Rob

Would be interested to know how things work out (hope its OK by the way) - I am currently looking to buy an 07 RX400 with 56,000 miles on the clock.

Given your experience? I could well do to ask some pertinent questions at the garage !!

Many Thanks

Best of luck with this one, it certainly sounds like an Inverter failure. I am sure many will be interested in the outcome.

My 2006 400h IS subject to the Inverter recall but so far I have only heard from Lexus UK, nothing from my local Lexus Centre. Anyone had this recall work done yet?

Hi all.

Thanks for the messages.

Ok - a couple of interesting days. The fault was diagnosed as an Inverter failure yesterday morning. A replacement was ordered and installed this morning. The part was replaced under the Hybrid 5 year 60k mile warranty at zero cost to myself.

The car has just been delivered home and all looks good. Lexus service is absolutely awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

It looks like you dodged a bullet there, 3 months from expiry of hybrid system warranty!

I plan on keeping my 400h for a while and with my luck the same would happen at 5 yrs and 3 months instead.

From what I can see yours seems to be a bit of a one off with an inverter failure, lets all hope this is the case!

Cheers

Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links