Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poss Brake Bind?

Neil Hunter

Hi everyone, my first Lexus is200 (I've wanted one for ages!)

Everything seems to be ok, except i seem to have a judder when braking at speed (60-70mph) It only judders for a few mile an hour then seems to sort itself.

I did at first suspect the discs, except when looking through the history, they had new discs last year. I know it could still be them but I wanted other peoples opinion first.

I've been reading for a few weeks before joining and wondered about what seemed to be a common fault with the calipers binding. This would make sense given the relatively rubbish mpg (I was just gonna swallow it! Approx 23mpg)

Unfortunately I've not had chance to get it in the air as yet to check, but as I said, I wanted to ask opinion first.

Thanks for reading,

Neil

A binding brake can cause juddering through the wheels, it will heat up the disc, making it bigger so it catches the pads!

Had this prob a few months ago it was so bad i stopped the car one night as i thought a wheel was about to come off!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links