Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Get Long Wave Am Radio ?

As a cricket lover, I'm often listening to Radio 4 Long Wave (198kHz) over in GB where they have Test Match Special.

Trouble is, they're phasing out Long Wave reception from car radios. First saw it on my dad's Volvo, was sad to see no LW on my CT.

But !!!! There's a fix :winky:

Take :

1 Lexus infotainment system with Bluetooth

1 Android phone hooked up via Bluetooth (Iphone should work too)

Internet radio streaming

If you can hook up your phone to the internet and get it sending audio to the car via Bluetooth, then you should be able to use this for getting anything streamed off the internet and into the car stereo. Mobile signal permitting of course. Just set the car to get audio from Bluetooth, send your phone to where the streaming comes from and that should be Job Done. Yet another pleasant Lexus surprise at it working so easily.

Bit late now (cricket season finishes tomorrow) but I'm hoping this will keep me from driving too fast next summer (in my rush to get to the telly).

PS Not a fix for the Volvo as it doesn't Bluetooth. Just means we have to take mine B) :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links