Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc & Engine Management Warning Lights

Arthurgee

Hi,

This is my first post as so far I have been without problem in the 2 years that I've owned a IS 220d.

My IS220d is an '06 that's done approx. 33k miles with a full Lexus service history.

On Boxing day travelling to relations, all of a sudden and without warning I noticed a lack of power and then a warning of CHECK VSC and the Engine Manangement warning lights came on and the car went into what I now know as "limp" mode. After driving very slowly for a couple of miles I pulled into a petrol station and as luck would have it, there was an AA guy. To cut a long story short the AA guy plugged in his box of tricks and explained the fault was to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter and if that needed replacing it could be in the region of £1500.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a similar aged car and if so what was the outcome.

I would be grateful for any replies.

Cheers

Arthurgee

Just a quick update on the above.

Had the car taken to Lexus in Guildford and they confirmed that it needs a new Catalytic Converter and Exhaust Gas Valve. Thankfully all being paid for by Lexus.

Confidence restored in Lexus !

• 4 months later...

i had same problem yesterday, driving along on motorway suddenly VSC and engine comes on massive drop in power, could have been nasty accident, this morning drove up the road and car comes to a complete halt, brought the car used from Lexus dealer, will this be covered under warranty?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same fault in my 06 is220d, also took to Lexus and they replaced the CAT free of charge and then flushed the injectors for £140 ..... Sorted the problem out and restored my faith in the dealership ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links