Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

General Advice Rx300

hi, not been on the forum for a while since selling my is220d a few years ago, and switching to a 3 series bmw,im now looking at returning to a lexus as a second vehicle for weekend use as ideally we need something with a decent boot size and for when it snows etc, im not too concerned over low mpg as it will only be used at weekends mainly as i have a company car (citroen c3).

i have been looking at various 4 x 4's and had my mind set on a range rover but have more or less made my mind up on a lexus as purchase costs are lower for the same year etc as im looking for a 2004/2005 car around the 10k mark.

are there any issues with buying a 5/6 year old rx that i should be aware of? i have seen this on e-bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-RX-300-SE-L-V6-Automatic-FLSH-/330670426310?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cfd7e48c6

low mileage full lexus history and a 3 year service plan included, i think the price is a little high but i should imagine im paying for the service plan that he/she has already paid for, i have seen the same year cars on dealer forecourts for 10k but with around 50k on the clock.

any advice would be welcomed

Cheers

Simon

You could search this forum to learn of some of the woes people have experienced with middle aged RXs but these were all one offs so far as I can recall.

You really are down t the usual second hand car checks which I recall include service history tyres, MOT and obvious signs of neglect, accident damage repairs and so on.

You seem to be aware of the obvious downside, high fuel consumption (use BP Petrol not supermarket urine to improve it to c20mph) and it may spring you a nasty surprise as any car of this age can.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links