Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Subs

alan gorst

hey all i have a twin 12" edge active sub box ( subs with built in amp) and im wondering if there is anyway this can be done without putting in an aftermarket headunit :) any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think i have seen somewhere cannot remember where but some one added phono connectors to the standard amp that is all i can remember.

the standard amp only comes on the se or sport it is behind the glovebox and to the left

It can be done. Sound quality will be horrendous to say the least and you will NOT be able to control the amplifier gain from the OE radio.

Not worth the hassle IMO, get yourself a decent 1-DIN or 2-DIN with a good quality DSP or parametric equalizer. Once you get some decent audio you will never again purchase the lesser quality brands. With most things in life you pay for what you get!

Some active sub woofers have a high level input but I've never fitted an active sub woofer to an already amplified system. I would assume if you connect the high level input from your active box to the rear output of the amplifier, the bass will sound very noisy with a lot of interference present..

No problem at all with this. This is exactly what the Edge units are meant for.

If you go to:-

http://edgecaraudio.co.uk/manuals/edb_active_manuals.pdf

This will show you how to connect to the existing rear speaker feeds (wires) and make connection to your Edge enclosure High-Level inputs & how to set them up. There is nothing difficult in any of this.

The Edge Active Subwoofers are designed to either run from the head-unit OR from existing loudspeaker feeds - as in your Lexus. It would be unwise to disconnect the existing speakers. The Edge will provide heavier, deep bass & you will not notice what the original speakers are doing.

At the bottom of the page on the site are clear instructions how to set them up. DO NOT set the gain etc any higher than you need to. DO fit fuses where they tell you to.

It is probably a good idea to rig up one side just to see if you like the sound before doing anything permanent.

When you have fitted your subs; please do not drive past my house in the middle of the night!

Note: The Edge website is a bit iffy & it may take several attempts to get into the bit you want.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links