Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 2004 - Couple Of Defects

Hi everyone

I recently brought a 2004 RX300 SE-L and really loving the suv, however I've encountered a couple of defects which I'm hoping you could shed some light on:

- really annoying rattle coming from above the sat nav unit, near the centre speaker. Lexus wants 3hours labour to fix it. Anyone know what's causing this rattle and how to fix it?

- when driving on wet roads I can hear a water splash like sound coming from the rear of the car. I've checked the rear and no sign of water leaks in the boot or back seats. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

The rattling dash issue is a well known issue and a lot were sorted under warranty. I don't know if a TSB was issued for the fault but am lead to believe most were fixed under warranty.

To repair the defect the dash has to be removed and extra foam strips are applied to the dash, this would explain your 3 hours labour.

The vehicle is by now out of warranty but if you have a FLSH and reasonable mileage it may be worth asking your local Lexus dealer if the remedial work has never been carried out.

As for the water sound sorry no idea apart from (and I may be completely wrong here) there may be a grommit seal under the rear seat base where the wiring loom passes through the floor which has become dislodged but it may be another model I am thinking of.

Finally welcome to the LOC.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the information. I brought the car from Lexus Nottingham but I live in Norwich. So i took it to Lexus in Norwich and they said its not covered by the used car Lexus warranty. So at the moment I'm in talks with the sales manager at Nottingham to see if they can cover the costs etc for me to fix the issue in Norwich.

Asyou have 'brought' your Lexus recently, it should be covered under the Lexus 30 day 1K mile return promise. I would seriously consider exercising those rights (which are in addition to your statutory rights) - the original supplying Dealership will very quickly change their tune if your start to exercise your rights ;o)

Been speaking to the sales manager in Nottingham and he said he will speak to the manager in Norwich to arrange for me to get the dash fix. Will find out tomorrow so fingers cross!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links