Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing The Rear Speakers (And Those In Front?).

Speakers  

1. 1. Changing my rear speakers,(and those in front) for what?

• Subwoofer
    • New speakers

Hi there. i Just joined the club and thought it would be easier to just start a new topic instead of looking true 100 pages of topics to find the right one :innocent:

Im looking for suggestions and help/tricks too improve the sound in the car.

Car: Lexus is 200 1999.

I've been thinking about thowing a sub-woofer in the back of the car, but...

Correct me if im wrong, but: This will couse alot of "damage" too the car, becouse of all the adjusments..

So i was thinking about changing the rear 6x9 in the car, and in the front aswell?

I've looked at the speakers in the back, their only 25W on 2ohm. These little things gives a amazing sound quality, but i want better.

So the question is this. Which speakers do YOU reccomend? And do i need to change those in front aswell?

Thanks for answears! (sorry for the bad writing! :geek: )

If you fit a sub youll struggle to get the bass through due to the solid rear firewall behind the seats.

you can remove the ski hatch and have the sub pointing through that,or remove the rear speakers and let the sound come through the gaps that are left.

Ive done this then moulded these myself so i still have rear sound:

7c251b82.jpg

9ead4c11.jpg

Oh well! That's orignial! cool.

But yeah, i was wondering if i could get a 10/12" kicker sub-woofer too fit between the ski hatch.. But yeah.

i would still have to secure the woofer somehow.

Dont you think it's easier to buy some new speakers too the rear end?

the key here is the Ski hatch.

Anyone knows a sub-woofer/kicker that is 26cm (height) 20cm (wide)

And the actually woofer have too be standing 8cm over the floor in the rear too reduce the reflected sounds.

---- Or, a good and cheap site for woofers? :)

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links