Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, just aquired the above from Lexus, is it normal to take over 10 mins / 5 miles to warm up? considering it appears the front grill is is not open to fresh air? ie no holes in the grill from what I can see.

Just concerned about optimum mpg not being reached by the end of my commute

Hi All, just aquired the above from Lexus, is it normal to take over 10 mins / 5 miles to warm up? considering it appears the front grill is is not open to fresh air? ie no holes in the grill from what I can see.

Mine was pretty much up to temperature after about a mile driving at or under 2000 rpm. I find the same with the IS-F, after about a mile the temperature gauge is off the stop and continues until it holds at mid point on the gauge.

Dont worry cus no car will ever get up to normal engine temperature in 5 mins or less. a cars warming up time will vary depending on the weather i.e. will take longer in winter conditions and hotter condtions will be quicker but wont be less than 5 minutes. also on engine start up, oil will have to first circulate through the engine for lubrication before the engine temp starts moving and speed at which oil will flow depends on the type of oil being used and its viscocity. a petrol car normally runs at its optimum mpg during speeds of between 60-70mph mainly motorway in overdrive gear (top gear) which in IS250's case will be 6th so if your daily commute does not involve open road (motorway) driving you will never reach optimum mpg even if you were driving a diesel. on a good day most cars depending on the weather will take about 8 - 10 minutes to warm up which IS250 falls in so yours is not unusual from the norm.

Mine was pretty much up to temperature after about a mile driving at or under 2000 rpm. I find the same with the IS-F, after about a mile the temperature gauge is off the stop and continues until it holds at mid point on the gauge.

Likewise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links