Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help! My Is200 Is Possesed!

DaveyCH

Driving my car today i noticed that the engine temp gauge kept going up to half way then back down to 0 again and my MPG gauge was doing nothing, then my orange low petrol light started flashing in the way that the security light does and thennnn the door open ping started going off and the handbrake light came on even though there was no doors open and the handbrake was off. WTF?!! also the outside temp just says E and i can disengage Traction control but i cant engage snow. is my ECU fooked? also the car drives fine and the oil light in the bottom left corner stays on for a long time then goes out. any ideas at all lads would be much appreciated, but i guess i wont know for sure till a diagnostic is done and i get some codes back

Dont suppose the cars had a new front screen fitted in the past year or so, if yes then i'd say that you've got water leaking into the fuse box by your feet behind the kick plate!

Jomo.....correct diagnosis!! havnt had a new windscreen, but i opened up the cover and removed the 10a gauge fuse and the terminals were slightly brown with what i can only assume was rust due to damp/water so i used some wet and dry paper and put it back in and everything is back to normal! i noticed that the case for the 40a fuse on the top row left was missing and bare terminals showing. also i jiggled some wire and the indicator and horn started flashing. and what is in that yellow box behind the fuse panel, i gave that a wiggle and the security light started flashing at irregular intervals! i think i need to get my girlfriends hair dryer in there! Thanks Jomo spot on m8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links