Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf 7 Months And 4,000 Miles Report

Well it's now been 7 months of ownership and 4,000 miles travelled so thought I would give a little update on the car.

The car was bought as a "practical" replacement for my SLK 350 as needed a car with space for a baby seat. I can safely say little one is a true fan of the car, he loves the sound of the engine and even seems to enjoy the stiff ride with little complaint even on long journeys :)

Have had no problem with fitting of car seat, getting little one in and out or fitting pram and everything else in the boot for 2 adults + baby for going away.

The car has been a pleasure to own, needless to say nothing has gone wrong and the only trip to the dealer I have made was just to ask them to tighten the foot brake as the torque of the engine meant the car would still creep forwards even with it on.

Motorway cruising is effortless with engine barely ticking over, refinement is superb with quiet cabin and using the ACC lends to a very relaxed journey, 30+mpg is obtainable and v.high 20's easy on a motorway cruise.

Around town mpg drops to the late teens depending on traffic flow, temp etc. Depending on how much motorway you do compared to urban the claim of 24 average is realistic (Was also satisfying to speak to a new Golf R owner who was complaining they only got 26/27mpg out of that - 2L Turbo vs 5L NA :devil: )

Sport mode really brings the car alive allowing the switch between a relaxed gentle cruise and proper sports sedan, M mode with paddles works superbly but I have found it very difficult to keep the ride smooth (Probably more from lack of practice TBH) so not used much with wife and little one in the car :innocent:

As with other owners have had issues with brake dust and how to keep on top of it - I did take Tel's advice and bought myself some Poorboys however I don't seem to always remember to use it :whistling: however I can tell you the single best product I have found for sorting the residue out once on your wheels - Iron X - you can get it in Spray and Paste form, I purchased a large bottle of the paste version (the paste version sticks to the rims so can work longer on the residue) http://polishyourcar.co.uk/carpro-ironx-paste-500ml.html just needs rubbing over the wheel and leaving for a few mins (It reacts with the Iron residue making it water soluble) now I just need to make sure to use the Poorboys after :devil:

Car sounds superb under hard acceleration and once you hit 3500+rpm the noise is glorious!!! Always becomes a difficult choice - listen to the amazing stereo or listen to the amazing engine...!!!!

Would I change anything? Hmm yes the suspension for the 2011MY - although I don't find it overly hard there is definitely room for a more relaxed ride when cruising. However it's a small point and the car still continues to amaze and brings a smile to my face every time I start it up :phone:

Also still only seen 1 other on the road, so exclusive and rare, just adds to the appeal!!

Well it's now been 7 months of ownership and 4,000 miles travelled so thought I would give a little update on the car.

The car was bought as a "practical" replacement for my SLK 350 as needed a car with space for a baby seat. I can safely say little one is a true fan of the car, he loves the sound of the engine and even seems to enjoy the stiff ride with little complaint even on long journeys :)

Have had no problem with fitting of car seat, getting little one in and out or fitting pram and everything else in the boot for 2 adults + baby for going away.

The car has been a pleasure to own, needless to say nothing has gone wrong and the only trip to the dealer I have made was just to ask them to tighten the foot brake as the torque of the engine meant the car would still creep forwards even with it on.

Motorway cruising is effortless with engine barely ticking over, refinement is superb with quiet cabin and using the ACC lends to a very relaxed journey, 30+mpg is obtainable and v.high 20's easy on a motorway cruise.

Around town mpg drops to the late teens depending on traffic flow, temp etc. Depending on how much motorway you do compared to urban the claim of 24 average is realistic (Was also satisfying to speak to a new Golf R owner who was complaining they only got 26/27mpg out of that - 2L Turbo vs 5L NA :devil: )

Sport mode really brings the car alive allowing the switch between a relaxed gentle cruise and proper sports sedan, M mode with paddles works superbly but I have found it very difficult to keep the ride smooth (Probably more from lack of practice TBH) so not used much with wife and little one in the car :innocent:

As with other owners have had issues with brake dust and how to keep on top of it - I did take Tel's advice and bought myself some Poorboys however I don't seem to always remember to use it :whistling: however I can tell you the single best product I have found for sorting the residue out once on your wheels - Iron X - you can get it in Spray and Paste form, I purchased a large bottle of the paste version (the paste version sticks to the rims so can work longer on the residue) http://polishyourcar...aste-500ml.html just needs rubbing over the wheel and leaving for a few mins (It reacts with the Iron residue making it water soluble) now I just need to make sure to use the Poorboys after :devil:

Car sounds superb under hard acceleration and once you hit 3500+rpm the noise is glorious!!! Always becomes a difficult choice - listen to the amazing stereo or listen to the amazing engine...!!!!

Would I change anything? Hmm yes the suspension for the 2011MY - although I don't find it overly hard there is definitely room for a more relaxed ride when cruising. However it's a small point and the car still continues to amaze and brings a smile to my face every time I start it up :phone:

Also still only seen 1 other on the road, so exclusive and rare, just adds to the appeal!!

Totally agree with you. I'm not bothered by the firm ride, but if I lived where the roads are worse I might prefer the softer MY11 ride.

Even the brake dust issue is a thing of the past. After 5 summers, the paint has hardened and become more impervious so that it no longer gets embedded by brake dust - it just rinses off.

I would have preferred the Sport-button to be in its newer place but am used to it now.

The SatNav is a little convoluted to use and the post-code option is both too well hidden and full entry would have been better - but the newer version is not a lot better and the link between postcodes and their actual location is inherently so tenous that full entry wouldn't help much.

Only annoyance: SatNav update price is taking the P*ss. It should have been available as a download either free or cheaply to reflect the minimal cost to Lexus of providing what they already have & install in new cars. In other word you have to pay for what comes for free.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links