Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Obd2 And Abs Light

Was looking forward to taking the wifes IS200 Sportcross to Cornwall last Saturday week, I fuelled up the night before, checked all fluids, read for any codes with my Bluetooth OBD2 reader, all sorted, and left OBD2 plugged into monitor the car on the way down.

So Saturday morning, loaded up the car, locked house, all set, started car, and ABS light was flashing, drove it up the road, still didn't clear, read for codes, nothing coming up, damn it! so we swapped everything over to my car for the trip instead. Been bugging me all week that I would have to get an ABS sensor, but for which wheel? checked again when I got home, still no codes. Removed ODB2 Bluetooth reader, light still flashing.

Turned off engine, restarted, no light, when round the block, no light, hmmm, so it seems the stupid reader seems to conflict with the ECU and cause the ABS light to flash, atleast if left in for extended periods of time, maybe just leaving it for that night caused problems.

Oddly though, I leave my ELM327 plugged in all the time in the Tolly V5 without issue (except last winter when I went on holiday and came back to a flat Battery, doi!).

So anyway, just a wee story in case anyone else gets ABS issues and has a Bluetooth OBD plugged in constantly.

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same thing as well. Thought I had an ABS fault but realised the light was only on when the Bluetooth adapter was in.

Has anyone tried plugging it in after the engine has been started? I've always plugged it in, then turned the ignition on.

I stuck the adapter in after I had started the car and the abs light stayed off but when I stuck it in before turning the car on the abs was flashing. Going by that it looks like turning the car on then pluging her in is the way to go. Just need some where to set the phone where I can see now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links