Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Please.

stewarty.c

Hi all I got my IS200 sport 2 weeks ago and unfortunately needs a clutch which will be getting sorted.

But I am getting abit confused because I am seeing info that the petrol IS200 sport also has a dual mass flywheel but others are telling me it's a solid flywheel. Can anyone shine some light on this for me ?

Thanks in advance Stewart

I don't personally know of many petrol cars with a DMF, especially those with more than 4 cylinders.

A DMF is usually for naturally unsmooth engines such as diesels to reduce transmission shock. Although in their pursuit of smoothness who knows!

I'm sure someone who knows for real will come along.

Just has a few mechanics I know stumped why they would have put a DMF in the IS200s , I think I might get a solid flywheel to get put on while they are doing the clutch just incase because the price of the DMF for the 200 is scary (around £1200) :/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links