Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misfire Cylinder 1 When The Engine Is Warm Is200 Sport

NunoFil3

Hi, i'm new on this forum and i have a misfire problem on my Lexus is200 sport V6 2001, that is making me going crazy and desperate.

When i first drive the car in the morning (cold engine) the car drives fine with no misfire problems, soon as i stop and turn it of, with the engine already warm, and turn it on back again few minutes after starts the misfire.

I read the codes with a obdII and is always the code 1301 ( misfire cylinder 1) and sometimes the code 1171 as well (bank 1 sensor 1 to lean).

I've changed the spark plugs, coil packs, check the air pipes and still not sorted.

Please any one can help me???

Thanks in advance.

Hi after changing the coil packs and spark plugs, i finally found the reason of the misfire problem, is the injector number 1, i read the injectors resistance (Ohms) with a digital multimeter and all showed 18Ohms and the number 1 0Ohms, so this is the faulty one.

i order a second hand one and i will post here the results soon as i change it.

Wish me luck.

Thanks to Steve for all the advice in this forum.

Hi, forum just to say that finally my misfire problem is sorted, it was the fuel injector in the cylinder number 1, when cold the multimeter showed "15" Ohms and when warm showed "0" Ohms, so i changed the injector and so far so good.

I've never had done nothing like this but it wasn't very hard just need to be careful and patient.

Happy days.

Thanks to Steve for all the advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links