Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

Have just bought a Lexus 2007 GS450h and have a couple of questions maybe someone can help me with ?

The current tyre size is 245/45R18 all round and I want to put on wider tyres at the back, has anyone done this and if so what option did they go for ?

245/45R18 front and 285/30R18 rear Has the rear -3.1% smaller rolling radius

or

245/45R18 front and 275/35R18 rear Has the rear -4.1% smaller rolling radius

245/45R18 front and 275/40R18 rear Has the rear -0.1% smaller rolling radius the rear tyre size is not that common.

But its looking more like:

245/45R18 front and 265/40R18 rear Has the rear -1.3% smaller rolling radius as the tyres are easier to get.

I currently have bought some 18x8 and 18x9 alloy wheels and will get tyres shortly and will upload pictures with the new wheels on as soon as I decide on the tyre sizes...

Here is a picture of the alloy wheel design I went for... I think they will look great with the car see profile picture ... was taken at the ferry in Stranraer after a 6 hr drive from Southampton Lexus... Great dealership btw :)

9714.jpg

I got them from this company http://www.performan...ls.aspx?ID=2556

Another issue I have is does anyone know how to disable the bloody beeping sound for when you dont have your seatbelt on ?

Thanks

Rory

Another local hallion buying from the mainland I see..... :winky:

Good going to get from Southampton to Stranraer in 6 hours.

I'd go with the 275s unless you've only two tyre choices, but 265 is still under 2% which is recommended when sizing tyres to be as near to the OE spec circumference.

As for the bonging - set trip to ODO, power down, foot off brake, power up electrics. Within 6 secs, push and hold the trip button for 12 secs, then whilst holding it, use other hand to push in seatbelt, which you'll have previously undone when you parked up.

MID will display the beep to be on or off, cycle through with trip or reset (think it's trip), then power down.

That's you done, and it's the same to restore it.

thanks for the reply will try and get that done tomorrow... the trouble is that 275/40R18 is not that common and it is not made by michelin where as with the 245/45R18 front and 265/40R18 you can get the pilot sport in both sizes... i will have a look around and see what is the best tyre option in terms of size, price and availabilities.

I got the car in Southampton as the prices in n.ireland if you can get the car you are looking for are normally more :(

Anyway will try and get these tyres arranged soon and get some good pictures put up.

Aside from aesthetics, I don't know why you'd want to widen the rear tyre.

You'll gain little and lose mpg and acceleration.

That said, from a quick scout around the main protagonists, at the 275 size, you'll not be displeased with having to slum it with Falken FK452s or the new 453s.

If you stick to standard size, then the Pilot SS can be had for not a whole lot more than the Falkens or even the Hankook V12s - both of which (S1s, not V12s) I ran on the Accord with no ill effects.

Check out the prices on Camskill, Tyredrive, and the same place you bought your alloys from.

No real need to spend £150+ on rear tyres alone, when you don't have to - especially with no tangible gain.

Stick that saving into a set of F-Sport anti-roll bars, like I'll be doing shortly, even though it means having to import from the US - but hey ho, somebody has to!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links