Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help With My Ls 400 1996 Radio

Hi all clever people in here,

I´m a new owner of a LEXUS LS 400 1996. I have a problem with my radio it is total dead, its a Pioneer 86120-50391 KEX-P8156ZT.

The cd changer sounds like it works, hmm there are some noice in the changer anyway. My car antenna is not working, and there isnt any light on the radio panel. Havent tested the band player yet. I have checked the fuses there are 2 called radio 1 and radio 2 and they are ok. Are there anymore fuses that I dont know of? Is there any for the antenna? I dont know where to start looking , is there anyone that have a drawing of the back side of the radio. I have looked on the net, the drawing that I found didnt look same as my radio back. I need to know if there is any power on the cord to the radio, but I cant figured out how things are working, I´m a stupied man on this things of faults. :crybaby:

Could it be protected by a code or what?

Georg from Sweden

Even if the code was triggered you would still see some life in the radio display panel. Maybe double check the radio fuse 1 and 2 with a multimeter as sometimes it may look like the fuse has not blown but there may be a hairline crack in it. It would help if you have a voltmeter or multimeter. Then you could check the cables running to the radio to see if you have ~12V going through any of them.

Thanks for your reply, I have checked with a multimeter. The fuses are okAnd there is power on the positions on the fuse boxes, but I dont know what colour the main lead is for the radio has. :duh:

Is there any more fuses to check, the radio is total dead, the bandplayer doesnt work to. So it looks like there isnt any main power in to the radio.

Where to check that? Is there any connections betwen the antenna and the radio that says that the antenna have to be in the upper position before the radio works? :question:

Georg

Maybe there is some kind of fuse inside the radio which has blown. I don't think that the antenna not being up would cause a problem except to radio reception quality. I think you need to check with your multimeter each of the wires in the connectors on the back of the radio. You'll obviously need to remove the radio in order to do this. Connect the negative lead of the multimeter to an exposed metal part of the car (should be some around the back of the radio housing once the radio has been removed. Next, take the positive lead and briefly and very carefully check each pin in the connectors (ensuring that you do not accidentally bridge two pins with the multimeter probe). I've read somewhere else that the radio has two +12V feeds plus one for illumination that goes to +12V when the lights are switched on. The wires MIGHT be Blue and yellow for the permanent +12V and grey for the +12V feed that goes on and off with the ignition key.

Good luck and be careful-don't want any sparks!

• 2 weeks later...

Need to tell you that this is fixed. Hade to remove all fuses and checked them. There was a fuse in the Engine romm J/B.

The fuse was the one for DOME-RR I have no idea what it is for but the radio works. :D

Georg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links