Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealer Experience - Opinion Needed !

Hi Guys

I recently took my Lexus (GS 2005) to the dealer for servicing and also asked them to look at the front brake issue (steering wobbled when breaking). They came back with warped front discs and said that front discs and pads has to be replaced and quoted £445. I asked for a discount but they didn't budge. I later checked the Lexus UK website and that showed the cost for front discs and pads to be £295 ! I rang them again quoting the website and they agreed to do it for £295 (I wasn't impressed).

When I went to collect the car the rep mentioned that the shim kit was missing from the front brake pads but it shouldn't cause any issue. However, the car now squeals like a **** (sounds like a dolphin being slaughtered) every time I brake.

What I find really shocking is a) Lexus didn't notice it when they tested the car after fitting the discs/brakes (I assume they tested it!) and b,) the shim kit is part of the brake pads and they should have included a new one when fitting the pads.

The car wasn't squealing before the discs/pads were replaced so at the end of the day it is their responsibility to sort this out. I'm planning on visiting them first thing on Monday to get this sorted as it is currently quite annoying and embarrassing to drive. I wanted to get your thoughts on how I should approach this as they will probably try to charge me for installing the shim kit. The way I see it, I might agree to pay for the parts but definitely not the labour as it could have easily been installed when they were replacing the pads.

Appreciate your thoughts/opinion.

1st remain calm whilst asking they to fix THEIR obvious mistake. If they refuse tell them politely you'll be contacting Lexus UK & after that Trading Standards

Dependent on that come back here for further advice

Also did you ask them to explain their considerable price difference for the work £445 to £295 can't be just a simple mistake (must have got away with it before)

1st remain calm whilst asking they to fix THEIR obvious mistake. If they refuse tell them politely you'll be contacting Lexus UK & after that Trading Standards

Dependent on that come back here for further advice

Also did you ask them to explain their considerable price difference for the work £445 to £295 can't be just a simple mistake (must have got away with it before)

Understood.

When I challenged the ref re price diff he made up an excuse that he thought my car was 08 reg rather than 05, apologised and agreed to £295.

Something else I've noticed, the steering tends to turn to the left when I brake. Seized caliper?

Will get Lexus to look at this tomorrow as well. Slightly disappointed with their service.

Quick update - Lexus said that the shim kit does not come with the pads and quoted me £120 to fit this (£38 for the kit and rest labour). I argued that it would not have taken the rep more than 2 mins to slot in the shim kit when they were replacing the pads and therefore I wasn't prepared to pay for the extortionate labour charges. They finally agreed and only charged me for the parts.

No more squeals !

Something else I've noticed, the steering tends to turn to the left when I brake. Seized caliper?

Will get Lexus to look at this tomorrow as well. Slightly disappointed with their service.

Did you check the tyre front left pressure ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links