Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service And Part Failure

I had my is220 interim serviced yesterday and decided for the first time in its life to have it serviced at a non Lexus garage. This is partly as I see no future gain at the cars current age from a resale point of view and as long as the servicing is full I'm pretty sure the next owner won't be fussed either.

However, I wanted a reputable garage who were well recommended which I found after a bit of research.

They were very professional and used original Lexus parts.

Whilst the car was in they reported that it was very rattle and noisy to which I replied its a diesel.

Upon further investigation they found the tensioner arm and pulley for the aux belt had completely failed and snapped off. It was intact lying on the under tray where it has been for some time.

Looks like the spotted a potential expensive fail should the belt have snapped.

Anyway, all fixed now and the car feels really smooth so perhaps it had some vibration I had put down to a rough idle for one months.

Thought I'd mention it as the tell tale was the very worn belt which was about half its width frayed.

Carl

Always nice when you find a reliable garage. I have one just the same for my younger son's 220d that is just 4 miles away. Perfick and such good people too. Sorted a VSC dilemma in 30 mins.. No waffle just diagnosis and remedy. Mike now knows he has to drive home for servicing at Dads chosen garage!

I now recommend them at every opportunity. The owner himself had a 220d at one time too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links