Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member From Morayshire

raymundo

G'day to you all, have just bought a Lexus IS 200 so I thought I had better join the club to 'pick the brains of those who know'. It's an X reg so while not anything like new it looks and runs OK with just one niggling little fault (so far) that I hope to get sorted with help from the members. Rgds Ray

The problem is the CD player, error code 3 (refer to dealer the manual says) the discs wont eject and radio only works by manual tuning. Hope you can help and also on here I read that it easy to remove head unit without resorting to a big crowbar .....

Error 3 means its Kaput mate, you won't be fixing that. Very very common. Most units end up with error 3 code when getting a bit older. Never heard of only being able to manually tune radio in but there you go.

Best thing to do IMO is get a nice double din aftermarket stereo in there. Maybe a touch screen with sat nav?

Yes the head unit is very easy to remove. Do a quick search on YouTube and there are many videos demonstrating how to remove it. Little piece of advice, tape up the centre console before removing, it scratches easily.

Welcome to the club Ray. As Chris says the unit is fubared. If you are going down the aftermarket route you will also need the amp bypass cable, like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-is200-se-sport-amplifier-by-pass-amp-lead-adaptor-/171116268641?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d7530c61

There are loads of threads on here on how to do it, or if you get really stuck you can pm me.

One more thing. LOL

24b9ms4.jpg

Found the problem .... kids ???? had used the slot as a money box, all disc trays broken and discs jammed together ... very valuable 27p in small change !!!!

Can we follow this up on the main forum please, I shall start another thread ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links