Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Differences Of Rear Lights/years

Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago a van caught the back corner of my car scratching the bumper and cracking the passenger side light while parked outside my parents house. Luckily the guy in the van is a friend of my fathers and came in and told us so that side of things is all sorted. The car went in to have the bumper sprayed this week and while it was there it had the front bumper and bonnet resprayed so its all looking lovely. Now I just need a replacement light. I know they did a few different colours on the later cars with different body colours having different lights. My car is a '03 Platinum Ice so I think its just got the standard chrome ones, but don't want to get one off eBay then it turns out its one of the darker ones cos in some of the pictures its hard to tell. With that in mind if a fellow LOCer has got one gathering dust i'd rather it went to them than a random scrappy.

Any help would be great.

Gareth

I had a lot of trouble with finding a match for mine too.
My car is late 04 and has the dark satin finish its more of a bronze.

rivg.jpg

img1097ct.jpg

The fronts and fogs are also satin finish.

The problem I had was when I ordered a new one from Lexus it was a metallic brown finish and much lighter than the other side!

img0979n.jpg

As you can see despite the left being in the shade the light is still lighter than the other one.

so this happened twice, Lexus were happy to order another one again or they offered me a strange altezza jam light which had slightly tinted lens and was painted a glossy black inside. they said they just had them sitting around so they would give them to me free but I said now :( should have got them and sold them!

I have seen a few 04 cars with mirror finish but most have satin. I am unsure when the smoked silver came about. but the is300 and is200 LE have a tint to their finish

I also recently had an accident and in need of a passenger side rear light, I found it was easier and cheaper buying both rears from a breaker on eBay for £50 cause then I know if it wrong on one side then i can change the other too :).. Best of luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links