Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 2005 Amplifier Connections

Hi all, Can anyone please help with the wiring to and from the amplifier on a 2005 RX300, non VDU/Satnav system. I have searched all the UK and Yankee forums but can find no reference to this actual vehicle, they are either pre 2002 vehicles or those with the posh radio and display units.

There is nothing wrong with the existing sound system, in fact it is extremely good but I propose to fit a Clarion head unit with GPS, Bluetooth and DVD etc, bypassing the existing amp.. The existing OEM radio is a Pioneer with piggy back 6 CD changer and has two 20 pin plugs on the back, one physically smaller than the other with only a couple of connection that connect to the steering wheel controls and the other 20 pin plug has 16 connections, two of which are supply of course and some of the others go to the amplifier but others I can not determine where they disappear to. There are also two aerial plugs, one normal ISO size but the other is unusually smaller, about half the size - any ideas ??

The amplifier also has two 20 pin plugs, one smaller than the other. The larger one has 16 pins connected and obviously connect to the various speakers. The smaller one has 15 connections and I can identify a few of these that go to the radio 20 pin but the others I have been unable to identify..

Can anyone please help with the various connections and destinations of the colour coded wires..

Whooops, made a mistake !! The amplifier has a 24 pin plug in two rows of 12 one row is not used at all but the other row has 10 connections , some of which come from the radio.

The output plug from the amplifier has 21 pins arranged one row of 12 with 9 connections and one row of 9 pins with 7 wire connections.

Surely I can't be the only one who has wanted to change the OEM radio/CD with an aftermarket multimedia head ?? There are a number of suppliers selling a replacement double din facia !!

Many thanks.

Hi all, I have now managed to trace most of the wiring loom associated with the Radio & Amplifier , only a couple of the wires in the connectors to the radio in and amplifier in remain a mystery.

As I am installing an aftermarket multimedia head I will probably by pass the amplifier now I am confident of the connections to the 6 speakers, however I have still to find the sub woofer, it is not under a front seat nor in one of the back doors and I also need to establish the + and - connections to the speakers. I also need to decide how I am going to connect the RX extra two speakers to the 4 outputs of the new radio. Apart from these minor nuisances I am almost ready to install the new unit.

To satisfy my curiosity I still would like to know where the odd few lost wires go and their purpose also the sub woofer position and connections.

, perhaps someone will locate a wiring diagram before too long.

If any one wishes to know the connections and colour codes for the amp out connector and those I have positively identified from the radio to the amplifier in please do not hesitate to let me know.

• 1 year later...

Hi Flyfished

I realise this topic is quite old now but wondered how the project went?

I am also looking in to swapping out the original head unit for an aftermaket unit that will cover all the bases for sat nav, Bluetooth, ipod, etc.

Previous threads suggest that when you remove the original unit, the aircon controls stop working. Was that the case for you?

The vehicle is a 2005 RX300 LE.

Thanks

Iain

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links