Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheels For Sc430

GeonB

I have 17's on presently which are superb, but these 16's have winter tyres on which is what I really want and they are lexus alloys and I don't want to buy a new set of alloys and tyres for the purpose of winter if these will do the trick.

Thanks for getting back to me, please advise next course of action.

Regards

Geon

As a winter set I would say go for them, I would rather have a set of tyres fitted that will get me through the snow than a set which look pretty but sit spinning with no traction plus it would save your originals from the ravages of winter road salt.

As a winter set I would say go for them, I would rather have a set of tyres fitted that will get me through the snow than a set which look pretty but sit spinning with no traction plus it would save your originals from the ravages of winter road salt.

What snow? and what about all the days before and after the snow? Are you going to change tyres three times a year to be on a safe set? If its not snowing if its not sleet or slush then your on the wrong tyres. A good set of decent tyres with a high water removal rating is probably the best option in all but really snowy conditions.. I never had any problem last year at all.. If I had fitted winter tyres I would have been on the wrong least effect tyre for 85% of the time. Or had to change tyres three times that year (its not going to happen is it?). I think its all hype.

On top of that smaller diameter tyres will actually make driving in snow or slush more difficult not less. In effect its like driving in a slightly lower gear just what you don't want to do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links