Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Mods

paul_tomo

Hi all, I have recently painted my rear lights and done my front fogs, in the rears I have added some red leds on the quarter panel side of the lights just like marker lights, I will post pics of this as soon as I have done my head lights, with the head lights I have some orange leds to add above the indercator again to act as a marker light my question to you all is I have seen a few pics on the Internet with what looks like the side light has been moved to the inside main beam ring from the outside dipped beam ring if you get me? Has anyone on here done this mod? If so was it easy enough to do? Thanks paul

You mean like this

Also very interested in modding high beam for DRLs like on this US spec is300 however i found out it used a specail drl module to regulate power output. I wss thinking to build my own.

Very interested to see your pics btw i would be interested in adding orange side markers too like the US spec. Did you just add a LED to the repeater that stays on? And where exactly did you put side markers in the fogs? Awaiting pics :p

Thats exactly the look I wanted, so the us spec uses the high beam just on lower power as a drl mmmmmm gets me thinking haha what I done was move the side light bulb to under the main beam bulb so I still have all bulbs fully working, its an absolute pain to do but I think its worth it, the marker lights I have fitted 4x10mm leds above the indercator in the head lights, unfortunately after a few trial fits with them for some reason when the light was stuck back together they dont all work so I didnt wire them in, im planning on redoing my lights anyway so will sort them out again, ill take a pic of where they are later so you have some idea

I think i get you. but i wouldnt want to drill any holes or do any damage. Modifying the bulb holder in some way with another 12v out for a 2nd bulb would be my thinking, even if its just dangling in there it wouldnt be noticeable from the outside. There was a guy on here or FB that had the IS300/LE clusters and did a similar mod and it looked fab. ill try and dig out the pictures.

Yeah the US IS has DRL in the highs like in the vid. The module is very hard to find but is a simple bit of circuitry and im sure the circuit diagrams can be found either for the IS or other cars that have the same

I was tempted to do it that way but the cree bulbs needed to be pointing ahead so had to get the ole drill out I sat there for about 30 mins before hand planning it all out and plucking the courage to press the start button haha

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links