Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

chandler

Hi all I haven't got a car yet but looking hard to find myself a mint IS200 in manual.

I was wondering what kind of money they fetch and if anyone on here is selling one?

Cheers. Sorry if this is in the wrong place

• Like 1

Good morning and welcome to the club. If you get a pre March 2001 model, the road tax is less! The government changed the pricing around this time and the older models are only £225 for the year (don't quote me on the price, I'll get the link in a moment. Lol)

Make sure the cambelt has been changed if it has mileage over 60,000. Lexus initially recommended changing it ever 100,000 miles, but some issues were found in a small number of cars, so they updated their recommendation.

I have seen IS' on Autotrader for as little as £500 and some of the newer models' owners are asking over £3000 for.

So if you are looking at a cheaper tax 2001 model, aim for £1000 - £1500. A full service history and a clean car will be worth more.

Don't fret too much at the high mileage models. I bought mine with 125,000 miles on it. I didn't research, but have been lucky. Engine wise, if serviced regularly and the cambelt has been done, they should be fine for 200,000 miles +.

ok thank you.

i have been looking at this one, just wondering whether you think it might be all good as i have never thought of a lexus so i need a little guidence in the matter.

if your not happy with me posting eBay links on here please amend as i know some forums don't like it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131088901749?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links