Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blackvue Video Cams

Allisterc

Just received a Blackvue 500 with Wifi for the SC. Already have one for the LS. Very handy if your on your own and some clown decides to give you a nudge. Can' argue with the HD evidence which also records your speed and shows your route on Google maps. Only drawback is if you happen to be at fault. (What camera officer?) They have an offer on right now that they give you the gizmo to ensure your Battery dosn't run down. Excelent piece of kit, I can highly recomend it.

Hear-hear ... I've been using BlackVue cams for nearly three years now, got two in the RX and one in my little Merc. Mine are the previous generation, no WiFi, but still quite good, plus I got them running custom firmware, so the bitrate is up to 15Mbps on the front ones, and 12Mbps on the rear one in the RX. Some people have had overheating issues with these models - DR400G-HD II, but I never had any problem, even when I took one to Caribbean for three months, leaving it in direct sunlight for hours in the hired car ... Can't fault them.

Just received a Blackvue 500 with Wifi for the SC. Already have one for the LS. Very handy if your on your own and some clown decides to give you a nudge. Can' argue with the HD evidence which also records your speed and shows your route on Google maps. Only drawback is if you happen to be at fault. (What camera officer?) They have an offer on right now that they give you the gizmo to ensure your battery dosn't run down. Excelent piece of kit, I can highly recomend it.

No good for me I am always at fault...
  • Like 1

Just received a Blackvue 500 with Wifi for the SC. Already have one for the LS. Very handy if your on your own and some clown decides to give you a nudge. Can' argue with the HD evidence which also records your speed and shows your route on Google maps. Only drawback is if you happen to be at fault. (What camera officer?) They have an offer on right now that they give you the gizmo to ensure your battery dosn't run down. Excelent piece of kit, I can highly recomend it.

No good for me I am always at fault...

Like you David I had the 400 HD 2. i decided to check it to see it was recording ok. It was recording but the pic was rubbish, could hardly make out a thing. I phoned Blackview, they said send it back it might take about 6 weeks as they no longer stocked that one and a tech would have to get a new lens for it. I paid the balance and they sent me the new wifi one which does make life alot easier if you want to view your stuff quickly, like at an incident.

Yes, the ability to review recording via WiFi is an excellent feature. When time comes to renew mine, I'm going for the WiFi-enabled type.

BTW, if you use apple Mac, there an excellent app, developed by one of the members of DashCamTalk forum - far more advanced than the standard BlackVue Viewer for Mac:

http://earthshinesw.com/mac-dashcam-viewer/

Hi All,

Do these camera's have the "park" function, which means it will record when you are away from the car, because I have been looking out for one due to little nerds in my street who I don't trust anywhere near my car. Failing that I may need to re-route the Battery to fry them if they touch it. (I suspect the camera is the more legal of the two options)

Hi Bobby,

Yes they do have a park mode although I suggest you have it hardwired to prevent Battery run-down. At the moment, Blackvue are giving you the gizzmo to prevent this free so if your Battery should drop below a certain level, the cam will switch off. The park mode is activated by movement, you can set when it switches on. The wifi model is handy for quick reference and stops the farfing about of having to remove the sim and put it in your laptop. The pic quality is very good. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links