Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yes it likely is they are at it although my car would have became 10 year old during the duration of the plan.

I still don't believe for 1 minute it is £180 to change coolant. Good coolant is about £30 for 5 litres and it cannot take more than an 1 hour to change it. So even at £100 per hour for labour they are still well short of that figure.

You need to remember that my car had the full major 60K service done in Nov 2012 at Lexus Carlisle and only did another 7K before I got it the interim service on Friday,. Therefore although the next service is a full service it is not one of the huge one's (60K, 120K etc), so the quote did not include spark plugs or a lot of the other items which the really big services deal with.

The fact they could not back up their figures said a lot and I am more than comfortable that the Lexus essential plan will cover what I need and if there are any other things like coolant or diff oil then I will get them seperately. Most of the cost of the service plans are made up with labour costs so the dealers have a lot of leeway when agreeing the price. However it was quite clear the price quoted was the price it was going to be. I think if you live in an area of the country where there are a few Lexus dealers it seems to be easy to play them off, however in Scotland it is Glasgow or Edinburgh (maybe Aberdeen as well, although I would be quicker going to Cheshire to get it done than there) and they are sister dealerships so the price at both is the same according to what Lexus Edinburgh told me. However I have been into Edinburgh before and prefer the setup (although Glasgow were friendly) so I will take my custom to Edinburgh because it does not put me out that much.

Whether same dealership doesn't matter much. I have had quotes from 3 different Listers Lexus dealerships over the last 12 years and even they undercut each other to get business. Usually the Lexus fixed price servicing/repairs are just that although even they can sometimes be haggled down.

The price you were quoted are Lexus Essential Care prices. IS250 2005/2008. Minor Service £159

Major Service £299

--------

£458

Or 24 monthly payments of £22.95 adding up to £550.80

Hi Dave

That is the plan I have now agreed and it also covers 2 years MOT's. However the original quote from Lexus Glasgow for a normal 3 year service plan for my car was £1071!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As discussed this did not include much more than I am getting from the essential plan.

Also just checked can get 5 litres of super long life toyota coolant from eBay for £34.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links