Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Help - Is220D - 2007 - 92K - Problems

gargan87

Hi all,

new to lexus owners club and would really appreciate some help from you guys.

I recently bought a 2007 Lexus IS220d from the auctions (92,100m)

upon getting it home the temp gauge was above half way

topped up the missing coolant with the correct Toyota red

with the car came receipts it has recently had a new radiator fitted.

when running the car it runs sweet, until the temp gauge reaches halfway, then steam starts pouring out from the bleed off hose,the fans only kick in at around half temp gauge is this normal ?

I also have noticed I get a vapor smell through the fans on hot & cold

any ideas ?

please help.

Kind Regards James.

Don't know how long you have had the vehicle, but your first action should be to contact the Auction House where you purchased it, tell them of your concerns and seek their advice.

No Auction House wants to be known for selling a duffer...if that is what it is.

It may well be that there is an air lock somewhere....there may equally, be a Head Gasket issue. That would be potentially catastrophic for you and your pocket.

Auctions can be a great place to buy a vehicle if you know what you are doing/ have good knowledge of cars and know your rights. Your usual legal rights may not apply if the auctioneer issues a disclaimer, such as the term 'sold as seen', which excludes all or some of those rights. Read the auctioneers conditions of business carefully to check whether this is the case.

You should also consider contacting Citizens Advice Bureau and maybe, Trading Standards in your area. Forewarned is forearmed.

I wish you well and good luck.

Thanks for the response,

i bought it before a trip offshore and have only just came back. it was sold as seen unfortunately, i thought i had bagged a bargain.

so an air lock & possible head gasket could be the cause of this you think ?

it doesnt have any usual head gasket symptoms i.e gunk under filler cap, bubbles in expansion tank

just the steam rushing out at half temperature any ideas guys ?

Well that is promising then. Sounds like it may just be an airlock in the system.

There has been a few posts by members having gurgling sounds and air locks. Search them out and try what they did.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links