Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 - Ct200H Luxury - Sat Nav Voice Turn Off?

Nibor

Hi!!

I hope someone can advise.........

I have just bought my first Lexus and I am currently getting to know its ins and outs - particularly regarding the satnav.

With a portable Tom Tom satnav I am able, with a well placed tap on the screen, to turn off the voice commands whilst the guide route continues to display. Turning the voice back on again is just as easy - one tap on the appropriate screen icon!

I have tried to find a way to to turn the voice commands on and off on the Lexus sat nav - so far without success!!

Does anyone have any ideas??

Many thanks

Robin

I have a 2014 Advance ( standard sat nav ) .... the only way I have found so far to adjust the sat nav voice is to go to the settings menu, then to voice , then turn the volume off ... not that smple but it does seem to work :)

Hope this helps

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the reply - I was doing some research re the voice this afternoon - my dealer came up with the same answer as you have - on my sat nav I can't find a simple on / off button and the voice volume needs to be stepped down to zero.

This is not the quick couple of clicks I was hoping for and certainly something I would not like to attempt whilst driving!!

It may be that it is simpler to suspend the navigation during the part of the route that is known and restart it when navigation is essential.

Alternatively I have been experimenting with the "Arrow" screen setting (only configurable, it seems, when a route is loaded and live) which does provide a really clear indication of when to turn and not bother with the voice at all - but the downside seems to be that you lose the arrival time display!!

The sat nav niggle aside I am really beginning to enjoy the car and am looking forward to many happy miles!!

Robin

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on the satnav voice on/off niggle:- I have just returned from a 5 day touring holiday and decided to use the sat nav without the voice on at all.

I found that the scaleable road map display gave me a very good overview of my intented journey and the automatic switch to a half screen display showing the junction detail was 90% good enough to get me on the right road. (the other 10% was probably driver error!!) The voice commands do give a handy reminder of upcoming junctions but a quick glance of the display at opportune moments did keep me more in touch with the journey's progress.

I still think a simple voice command on/off procedure would be a plus.

Considering the car has done less than 1,000 miles I thought the MPG was reasonable at an average of 52 - with a best "current" MPG of 58 (Country "A and B" roads at 50 - 60 MPH). - But I am hoping it will improve still further as time progresses and the engine loosens up.

All in all I am beginning to feel very much at home with the CT and getting more and more used to getting the best from it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links