Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electronic Control Transmission (Ect)

jasonrye1

Hi all, Can sumone help me? I have a is200 se Auto And the ECT button dont seem to work. I cant seem to see or fill no difference when its switch on or off Can sumone tell me how it works or not work in my case. And where to go looking to see if i can fixs it. Thanks Wish all on the LOC THE VERY BEST. Be Lucky jason

Hi i was hoping sumone would have repy to my posting. So i can get on with fixing it. I just dont know how it works and i dont know where to start in fixing it. If it is broken. thanks jason

If you are talking about the power ect then all this does is make the throttle pedal more responsive and the gear box will change a little different you will not feel a big difference

Hi thanks for that. Yes i am talking about the power Ect. It's like the light come on but i can't fill the gearbox holding on to the gear's a bit longer. I'v had this sort of thing on my other car's and it hold's on to the gear's a lot longer.. Seem's pontless on the lexus as if what you say it right.

The snow button dose more to the gearbox's and the throttle. Are all the auto like this? I have'ent seen no froum's on this subject and i had a good look for one befor i posted my question. I'd like to know what other member's with auto think about this pontless botton. thanks jason.

It definitely holds the gears a little longer, you only really notice if you throttle hard, it will also drop down a gear or 2 when you brake

You have to remember its a Lexus built for comfort, and not a snorty beastie lol

• 5 months later...

You could try this test_ pull onto a dual carriageway / or a straight bit of fast road with a slight slope to it at normal speed, normal revs, in normal gearbox mode ... then accelerate really hard and switch on the ECT button whilst still accelerating - if you are hitting the right revs when you hit the ECT switch it should change down a gear _ as the ECT switch controls the Transmission and the throttle inputs. It works for me, although that said I don't change the settings and just have it in ECT mode all the time for most of the year, unless there is snow on the ground and then I do sometimes change to the snow mode setting as I would rather stay on the road!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links