Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx400H Hybrid Working Ok?

I've noticed the last couple of times I've started it up that the engine has kicked in immediately after the ready message has appeared on the dash, even though the Battery is showing as a.most fully charged. Aircon was set to 21 degrees inside while the outside temperature was 13 to 15.

Also, even when it doesn't fire up immediately, the engine always seems to kick in at about 10mph.

Is this normal behaviour or should I expect it to be, well, 'hybrider' that this?

Yes it is normal, especially when you have the climate control set to a higher temp. than it is inside the cabin as it runs the petrol engine to generate the heat required.

Even with the climate control off the engine will normally come on when cold to get it up to a certain temperature, even if the hybrid Battery is fully charged. Once the petrol engine has started it will go through a warm up cycle for a few minutes before turning off.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links