Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! 6000K Xenon Bulb Error!

Hi guys,

I replaced the factory bulbs on my 2010 Lexus rx450h, I changed 35w 6000k bulb instead of factory's 35w 4300k. I found a problem after fitting, if I put the light at auto model, when you start the engine at first time the lights are not on, you need to switch it to "on" and that will be working, and then you can put it back to auto model they are still working. If you leave the car for a couple of hours and restart the engine with lights at "auto" model, the lights won't be on again.

What do you think about it? Thanks!

Curious as I wouldn't have thought the colour temperature would affect the CANBUS system. It sounds as if that's the problem.

I was not very happy with the headlights on my RX350 (HID dipped but conventional main) so I replaced them with a HID conversion kit (£85) which is brilliant and really lights up the road. It works with no problems and no warning lights or errors on auto as you have described.

it sounds like the canbus is reporting an error and playing safe, the best thing to is remove the new bulbs and replace your original bulbs. hopefully this will solve the problem, when upgrading headlamp bulbs be sure the new bulbs or system is canbus friendly, error free.

I would imagine that despite the packaging, the wattages of the new bulbs are not the same as the old bulbs. The vehicle has probably detected that your new bulbs are drawing a different amount of current than expected. As others have said, put the proper ones back :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links