Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cold Temp Warning

Mine's an 11 and I've never seen anything flash. don't know if it's a configurable item, it's a pain to scroll through to the temp readout on the trip computer.

Mine's an 11 and I've never seen anything flash. don't know if it's a configurable item, it's a pain to scroll through to the temp readout on the trip computer.

I just press the 'climate' button on the centre console and read the temperature in the top right corner rather than cycle through the trip computer

Temp is my default view so maybe if you cycle to it then it doesn't happen but if you have it selected on start up it flashes.

Stu

Got it as my default too..and earlier this week it flashed when the temp dropped to 3 degrees.

who's on winters? I am and they've been fine but as I've been away last two weeks I haven't really been out in cold weather...

Not me...I've just been a bit more cautious then I was during the summer. Had a few back end slides though which makes me think next winter I must invest in some winter tyres.

Well, I set my view to temperature and watched it carefully yesterday whilst out driving and yes it did alert me when it dropped to 3 degrees. I wouldn't describe it as flashing, more of a slow blinking and if I wasn't staring at it I would have missed it. The central display was showing a map so I don't what this would have done had it been set to Climate.

Overall I'd give Lexus a 3/10 for effort on this, I might up this by a couple of points if the main display alerts as well.

So why the low scores ? I never keep my central display on Climate as I use either the Map or Audio settings all of the time and as for the small view it's so small and out of the line of vision that it's almost redundant. Having to concentrate on this small view looking for a couple of blinks of the temperature gauge is dangerous and distracting to say the least.

I know I'm being hyper-critical but I do think the central information system and the trip computer were after thoughts and very little time was spent in designing their layout and functionality, most other premier brands and certain lesser brands put the Lexus IS-F to shame on this. Let's not forget that the IS-F is an expensive car from a premium manufacturer.

But I don't care because it has stonking V8 power, the growl of a H and S exhaust, reliability, comfort and rarity and I'll be keeping it for another few winters at least.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links