Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Downgrading Wheels To 15" From 17"

bhatsunil

Hi folks,

Do you know if we can replace the 17" stock wheels of SE-L (2012) with the 15" version in 'S' version? I would love to the hear the experiences of CT200h owners with 15" wheels. Is the ride more comfortable?

On a related topic, is anybody looking to buy 17" wheels (with/without tyres fitted)? Is anybody looking to sell their 15" wheels and upgrade to 17"?

Regards,

Sunil

I had a choice of 16" or 17" and chose 16" on account of not being bothered about the looks of 17" because I can't see them from behind the steering wheel. The ride quality of my car with 16" wheels is better than the demos I have driven with 17". Never encountered the 15" but 15" CT wheels will fit any model of the CT.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Lexus dealership & customer services confirmed that 15 inch alloys are not recommended for my version (2012 SE-L). So, I would be downgrading to a 16inch alloy - the Fuyu wheels listed in the official accessories for ct200h.

I am trying to decide on the tyres and the choices are Goodyear Efficient Grip performance and Pirelli P7 cinturato. Has anyone got any of these tyres fitted? My primary focus is on longevity/mileage, followed by a comfortable & quieter ride.

Currently, I am more inclined towards GY Efficient Grip Performance.

Regards,

Sunil

I had to smile at your use of the word "downgrade" when the choice of 16" over 17" improves ride quality at a cost of marginal loss of handling performance only in the more extreme circumstances. Downsize... yes. fit an optional size.... yes. Downgrade? Is it?

When you say that Lexus dealership and customer service confirmed that 15" are not recommended, would that be Lexus Cambridge?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links