Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update On My Is220D, Alloys, Lowered, Brakes Etc!

CGorner

Just going to keep you guys updated on my is220d regarding a few changes have been made since I bought it in September 2014!

As you can see in the pictures, I've had brand new 18" Rota Torques fitted, 25mm Tegiwa hub spacers (rear only for now), H&R lowering springs, K&N replacement panel filter, HID kit installed, MTEC dimpled and grooved brake discs, Mintex brake pads, Goodridge braided brake hoses. Also had it decontaminated, clay bar, polished, waxed and sealed with a full valet from a good friend who is a Detailer!

Let me know what you guys think! post-51566-0-23879300-1430427367_thumb.jpost-51566-0-84067300-1430427392_thumb.jpost-51566-0-86239800-1430427420_thumb.jpost-51566-0-29701000-1430427451_thumb.jpost-51566-0-16665700-1430427479_thumb.jpost-51566-0-03620800-1430427542_thumb.jpost-51566-0-64000900-1430427590_thumb.j

They are H&R springs, 35mm drop. Yeah I love it, low enough to look good but not too low, still scrape on a couple of big speed bumps! Also with the lighter rotas it handles a lot better and is slightly stiffer without losing comfort.

looks really good mate liking the sutble colour of your calipers and the little decals.

where did you get your braided lines from and any idea how much they were?

Thanks very much! Appreciate it!

I got the braided lines brand new off eBay, they are by Goodridge and they cost about £110 for the full set, I chose white too, you can get different colours or just have plain stainless if you want :)

Don't blame you! It's worth doing, brakes are a lot sharper, don't know what they would be like on OEM, I've got uprated discs and pads so could be that as well but I've noticed a decent difference

yea im going to get some ebc stuff sorted soon as the mots coming up so would deff be better on them.

ive just done an update on mine below your thread.

did you tint your own fogs?

Yeah that's a good idea which EBCs you going for? Ahh nice I'll have a look tonight after work!

Yeah I did mate was pretty hard with them being a weird shape but I did well considering I can't wrap or tint to save my life haha

hahah! i know that feeling.

im probably just going to get some green stuff pads and then just standard disks as any of the other ones would bump it up to £500 for all round which is a little steep aha!

Yeah that's not a bad idea, I was gonna get EBC uprated discs and was tempted to go for yellow stuff pads with the weight of the IS, but tbh I don't think £500 is too bad for all round, I usually go for around £100-150 per corner for uprated discs and pads, considering Lexus wanted £400 to fit OEM discs and pads for the front only I see most prices as cheap!

However I got recommended MTEC off a friend and got front discs dimpled and grooved with Mintex pads, plus a powdercoat on them to stop them rusting for about £120 delivered

yea i just saw them after i put that post up the mintex grooved and drilled and yellow stuff worked out quite reasonable

so think i will go for that

:)

Yeah that's decent! Wasn't expecting the MTEC discs to be anything special but they are awesome, way better than OEM, and got them warm for the first time last night and teamed with the braided hoses they are unreal for the size of the car! Really impressed, they go a lot sharper when warm and the pedal is stiffer to press too!

Once you've got all yours done let me know what you think

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links