Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE Supercharger(faults)

Monster-Mat

this is not actually a list of faults,just stuff to look out for........

open your ECU box(front right of car)in the middle should be the s/c ecu,later models are silver

supercharger cradle damage.....periodically check the cradle,especially at the rear wher the brace bar runs back towards the bulkhead and bolts on the engine,the welds can fracture at the point that this brace is bolted to the cradle

make sure all screws are tight that hold the airbox lid down(TTE locktighted mine:mad:)

so they never undid,when tried to open the box,the threads all stripped,so i have put allen head screws and washers on there now

ensure the rocker cover oil breather is connected

ensure that the air sensor front right of airbox is seated correctly

make sure u check the drive belt tightnes periodically,ive noticed it slackens off

• 3 weeks later...

ok today got a new problem...........

close you will hear a terible noise and the engine check lights will come on...........

what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imidiatly press clutch and leave compressed untill car comes to standstill ,this will alow the supercharger to slow down much quicker...

the engine would have stopped anyway....

ok,to get you home you need to pull the bypass cam,back (as if the spring were pulling it)........cam facing in direction of travel....and put somthing that will keep it in this possition(i suggest carrying a elasticband)

you should be abl;e to drive the car normally after this field repair,untill you get a new spring.

if you still get engine check lights,disconect the possitive terminal of the Battery for 10 mins then reconnect ,this shouls reset the ECU

mat

UPDATE

If you contact TTE a revised by-pass spring will be sent to you,i advise that if you have the old spring you update to the new one

• 1 month later...

So after my visit to TTE,we have found another problem,However i will state that this can also happen on standered is200 models that are driven hard.

there is a known weakness in the manufacture of the cats.

what happens is the ,catalytic material folds over and starts to move down the exhaust lieke a loo roll(the middle moves first........like a cone)

eventually it breaks up blocking the "Y" section of the manifold,causing a build up in back pressure which can destroy the engine.

there are 2 solutions......buy a new manifold.........:o

or remove the catalytic converter material in the pre-cats

you will still have your main cat so you will still pass a MOT/TUV etc etc

after removal the car runs better than it ever did.

remember this is the removal of the insides ,not the cat housings

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links