Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Documentation To Enable Bluetooth And Navigation System

thanks to Steve!!! the file upload is working now.

a special thanks to billygarrett who helped to prepare this documentation.

so who ever likes please download enclosed .pdf file.

please note that this documentation was done on a RX400h model 2006 with steering weel on the left side.

regards

williz

Instructions__for_Bluetooth_Hands_free_and_Navigation_system_enabling.pdf

please note that this documentation was done on a RX400h model 2006 with steering weel on the left side.

regards

williz

Hi Willi

That looks good now. Glad it is all completed now.

I hope our members will find it useful as they have been wanting this for so long :)

Thanks

Billy

regards

williz

Hi Willi

I hope our members will find it useful as they have been wanting this for so long :)

Thanks

Billy

hope you will enjoy your new car and we will get a detailed report of all new (model 2007) fetures and functions.

i spoke to lexus europe today and the garage door opener they promises for september can be ordered now. do you need that for your new car?

rgeards

willi

regards

williz

Hi Willi

Thanks

Billy

hope you will enjoy your new car and we will get a detailed report of all new (model 2007) fetures and functions.

i spoke to lexus europe today and the garage door opener they promises for september can be ordered now. do you need that for your new car?

rgeards

willi

Thanks Willi.

BUT my bad luck has struck again! :( They were bringing the car to me and got a short distance when the rear sensors started beeping intermittently!! So they turned around and took it back. They are going to replace the entire system tomorrow and try agin to deliver it tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed!

Yes , if the car doesn't have the door opener I will need to order one.

Regards

Billy

regards

williz

Hi Willi

Thanks

Billy

rgeards

willi

Thanks Willi.

BUT my bad luck has struck again! :( They were bringing the car to me and got a short distance when the rear sensors started beeping intermittently!! So they turned around and took it back. They are going to replace the entire system tomorrow and try agin to deliver it tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed!

Yes , if the car doesn't have the door opener I will need to order one.

Regards

Billy

Hi Willi

I am told the door opener is not available till January. Are you sure you can get them?

Re my new car it was actuallythe front sensors.

Despite changing the kits twice it is still playing up.

Tom is really trying hard to sort it but it still will not work properly.

Does anyone else have experience of faulty parking sensors on the 400h?

I will copy this to the other thread as it is reall y off topic. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

regards

williz

I notice there has been 162 downloads so far.

Hopefully you all found it useful.

Has anyone experinced any detrimental effects with this modification?

Any warranty issues from your dealers or Lexus?

regards

williz

I will take this deafening silence as a big "NO" to both questions as the number of downloads is increasing.:)

That is good to know!!

Regards

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

regards

williz

I will take this deafening silence as a big "NO" to both questions as the number of downloads is increasing.:)

That is good to know!!

Regards

Billy

Hi All,

I finally got time to do this mod on my 2007 RX 400h and here are my results.

I started with the SatNav override mod. That was easy and works well.

I now know that the connector is located on the r/h (driver's side) as shown in Williz' document. (We didn't know for sure). However it is not marked F2 but F7. However the connections are the same as described.

I cut the wire and soldere a new thin wire from an ethernet cable to each end and soldered the other ends to a dpdt switch. which was fitted to my secret position.

I then started on the Bluetooth and DVD mod with which I failed :(

I did succeed in getting the radio out after spending ages locating the 2 "hidden" bolts (10 mm socket).

They are located on each side of the radio approx 100 mm fromm the front face and very high up so you need to get your head as low as possible so you can just barely see them. I loosend them with a socket and was in serious danger of dropping them. So I used my long "pickup" gadget with 4 claws to grip the bolts and screw them out. I was very relieved to see them come out without dropping them!! Without this gadget or a similar magnet tool I would definitely have dropped them inside.

So when I got to the plugs in the back of the LCD screen unit, I found to my disappointment that the connections were different from that shown in our instructions pdf.

I took picture of it, but I can't figure out how to attach it to this message.

I will forward it to you Willi fyi and maybe you can figure it out please?

Thanks.

Billy

regards

williz

That is good to know!!

Regards

Billy

Hi All,

I finally got time to do this mod on my 2007 RX 400h and here are my results.

I started with the SatNav override mod. That was easy and works well.

I now know that the connector is located on the r/h (driver's side) as shown in Williz' document. (We didn't know for sure). However it is not marked F2 but F7. However the connections are the same as described.

I cut the wire and soldere a new thin wire from an ethernet cable to each end and soldered the other ends to a dpdt switch. which was fitted to my secret position.

I then started on the Bluetooth and DVD mod with which I failed :(

I did succeed in getting the radio out after spending ages locating the 2 "hidden" bolts (10 mm socket).

They are located on each side of the radio approx 100 mm fromm the front face and very high up so you need to get your head as low as possible so you can just barely see them. I loosend them with a socket and was in serious danger of dropping them. So I used my long "pickup" gadget with 4 claws to grip the bolts and screw them out. I was very relieved to see them come out without dropping them!! Without this gadget or a similar magnet tool I would definitely have dropped them inside.

So when I got to the plugs in the back of the LCD screen unit, I found to my disappointment that the connections were different from that shown in our instructions pdf.

I took picture of it, but I can't figure out how to attach it to this message.

I will forward it to you Willi fyi and maybe you can figure it out please?

Thanks.

Billy

here comes the picture. williz

316055283_0f9cf44884.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

regards

williz

Wow i am sooooo grateful,

I have a 2005 RX400h

Just spent just over an hr on my garage and did the following.

Firstly i did the Bluetooth mod as this was the one annoying me the most. rather than adding a switch i first wanted to test the theory. I was goinmg to take photos for you but the attached document is so clear and easy to follow that it needs no more. After being ammazed that the wire in the specified location was indeed light blue, i went at it with the snips, I then quickly clipped back the satnav and fired it up......panic - not working, ok it obviously needs the radio connected as well. so i connect the radio and head off down the rd.......fantastic i can use all phone options.

I then decided that actually i had no reason to put a switch on this, there is never a time that i need the restriction back on again and as far as i can tell there are no side affects, so i taped the wires so they dont short and screwed the sat nav, radio and dash back together.

The sat nav mod, was even easier, as it involved far less dismantling of my £30k toy.

Having cut that one, i did find that the functions were all available but the gps locator was a bit screwed, so the switch on this one is necessary. Basically if you want to make changes and use the functions, activate your switch, then when done, switch back again and all will be fine.

I had a simple sigle pole single throw switch from maplin and fitted it in the location as shown in the document.

All done. thanks guys i was so worried that i would never be able to do it.

A few tips:

1) dont be scared it is not difficult, just be really anal when identifying the wires.

2) to find the hidden bolts you want your head down by the gear knob and look upwards you will see then.

3) use a magnetic nut driver, unscrew loads untill you are sure you have un donw it and pull out slowly, try to get another finger in to hould the bolt as you withdraw. (i dropped one, but i really am not bothered too much, the radio is so tightly in with the others) if you do drop it you can get it from the side panels but i could not ve arsed.

4)have someone else to hold the radio/sat nav as you remove them you will need two hands to disconnect the wires and you dont want to srtch it by resting it on the gear stick.

5) dont use a switch for the phone, just cut it.

have fun dont be worried, after all, if you cut the wrong wire, just use a joint block to join it back again.

if you are not up for soldering, just use terminal blocks (chocolate blocks)

This does not void your waranty, the waranty is on the kit not the cabling and people like Halfords attack the wiring loom all the time.

Big Boy!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links