Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel System Cleaners - My Opinion

Rillo

Just wanted to relay my thoughts on a fuel system cleaner called BG44K. Just to make clear I have no connection with the producer or supplier so this is just my honest opinion.

Most fuel system cleaners appear not to do much or even worse claim to give you extra BHP, loads more mpg etc etc. However I stumbled on BG44K and it made none of these claims other than it was only cleaner to have the actual chemicals needed to break down carbon deposits in your engine and, it only promises to restore car performance back to newly manufactured standards. No claims of extra 30 BHP etc !!

Anyway I bought some from BG44k SUPPLIER and gave it a whirl. You just chuck it into half a tank, fill up immediately, use half a tank then fill up again.

Well IMHO it seems to be good stuff. The engine seems smoother. Better Throttle response and freer revving. As for mpg there has been a slight but noticeable improvement. After I filled up I did a long motorway journey at 60-70 and got 32.5mpg which is about 1 more than expected. Next fill up I did long journey then an hour or so in heavy traffic before another motorway journey and got 27.1 mpg over 160 miles.

So overall I have to say it seems to work. Nothing dramatic but not bad at all.

How many miles has your car done ? It shouldn't really have any carbon deposits in it. Are you sure the benefits you describe aren't just psychological ?

Sorry, I'm not having a go here, and am certainly not trying to accuse you of not telling the truth, or anything like that. Just that I'm a bit sceptical about this sort of thing, as you mention in the first line of your posting :)

How many miles has your car done ? It shouldn't really have any carbon deposits in it. Are you sure the benefits you describe aren't just psychological ?

Sorry, I'm not having a go here, and am certainly not trying to accuse you of not telling the truth, or anything like that. Just that I'm a bit sceptical about this sort of thing, as you mention in the first line of your posting :)

No offence taken!! :) The car has done 40K. Carbon deposits start from day one but are dependent upon driving style, city vs motorway, spark plug performance etc. Maybe it is psychological - in which case I'm still a winner! :) Like I said it hasn't transformed the car but I think the car is slightly more economical, slightly freer revving and slightly smoother.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links