Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220D Hesitation During Acceleration

jhconnolly

Hi,

I bought an 18 month old IS 220D SE-I recently. It was a demo car and was new in Jan 10. There are 10,000 miles on the clock now.

I notice that if I accelerate hard in 2nd gear the car sometimes hesitates and starts to jerk and lurch as if the engine has either too little or too much fuel.

Is this normal ?

Thanks

James

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus have a 100000 miles or 7yr warranty on the engine covering issues such as oil consumption etc. I have been told to keep an eye on the oil level or the VSC warning light. Mine is sluggish and do anticipate that it will need the dreaded engine rebuild. Mine has done 62K and apparantly these problems start from this milage onwards. Get yours checked out and don't let them fob you off.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought an 18 month old IS 220D SE-I recently. It was a demo car and was new in Jan 10. There are 10,000 miles on the clock now.

I notice that if I accelerate hard in 2nd gear the car sometimes hesitates and starts to jerk and lurch as if the engine has either too little or too much fuel.

Is this normal ?

Thanks

James

Hope you got this sorted...

I had same issue, after a few trips back and forth to the dealers, they decided the car needed an entire new engine!!

• 2 months later...

I get that occasionally, 90% of the time it's when putting the power down in 2nd on a sharp right hand bend just after a sharp left (20mph) at the end of a fast downhill section of road. I thought it might be to do with the fuel sloshing around in the tank. The other 10% of the time I don't know, I thought it might be the fuel filter ?

Lexus have a 100000 miles or 7yr warranty on the engine covering issues such as oil consumption etc. I have been told to keep an eye on the oil level or the VSC warning light. Mine is sluggish and do anticipate that it will need the dreaded engine rebuild. Mine has done 62K and apparantly these problems start from this milage onwards. Get yours checked out and don't let them fob you off.

Prash, are you in the UK ? Do all UK cars have this 100,000 mile / 7 yr warranty on the engine or did it start on a particular date ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links