Sign in to follow this  
mjames

Top Loading Cd And Bottom Loading Cd

Hi this is my first post so hello everyone. I purchased my IS200 at the end of November the cd player was working fine then ERR3.

I called into lexus but the car was 2 months out of warranty so i contacted the Toyotta dealer I got the car from and they agreed to repair it. They arrived at my house today but the unit they have bought with them is a top loadin one and they say this will not work and they will contact me shortly. This is the second radio as the first replacement did not work either. are they just buying them selfs more time. Thanks

the top/bottom cd players are NOT interchangable - the connectors are different at the rear.

how old is the car because the radios have a warranty of 5 years because there is a prob with them

hello, if you want information about Toyota/Lexus audio standard kit you should log on to the US forum.IF your cd player was made by FUJITSU-TEN the mechanism has a design fault which of course Toyota don`t admit they just extend the warranty which by definition is an admission of unreliability of the product. Good luck, gds

On 31/12/2004 at 0:43 PM, Rob said:

the top/bottom cd players are NOT interchangable - the connectors are different at the rear.

how old is the car because the radios have a warranty of 5 years because there is a prob with them

Any chance theres a adaptor or something from top cd to bottom cd ???