#16 Dinho

Dinho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Lexus: IS200 Sport

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Still waiting for someone to tell me if they have used Zymol at all. I have a silver car so would need wax best suited for that colour.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 trackerman

trackerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Lexus: IS300
  • Year: 2002

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

I've used and still are using Zymol on various silver cars,first it was carbon which was very nice and then i got a s/hand pot of titanium,the titanium gives a bit more flake,even on silver !

#18 Dinho

Dinho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

Ive got my eyes on the Zymol Titanium, it is quite dear, but for what it is do you think its worth the retail price? And what shampoo do you use to clean the car if you have used the Zymol wax..?

#19 trackerman

trackerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Lexus: IS300
  • Year: 2002

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

It's hard to say if it's worth the retail price,like a lot of things the gap between an good wax and an expensive wax has got smaller,i'd go onto Detailing World and look at buying some sample pots and see what works for you,i use colly 845 (15 quid) on the g/f's car (only because it keeps getting bird bombs and it's cheaper to keep renewing the colly ) and that gives a lovely finish that can really lasts !,my shampoo is Zymol clear,i first used it as i got in a set,but now i keep an eye out for any deals as it's pricey as well,but any of the "good" shampoos will do,it's more important to follow the amount recommended as too much shampoo is a waste of money and could strip your wax,HTH.

#20 ynotshi

ynotshi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Lexus: is 200 se

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

i have found that harly wax works best for my silver lex normally use autoglm srp then harly wax after

#21 TonyB

TonyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Lexus: GS300 Series 3. SE-L.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

Ditto Above, Harly Wax is the business for a good wet look, and hides alot of paintwork imperfections.

About 18 a tin......search ebay.

#22 Dinho

Dinho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

Does it work good on a lighter coloured car though (silver) because darker cars give off a better shine.

#23 TonyB

TonyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Lexus: GS300 Series 3. SE-L.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Not sure about silver, but the missus' french crap is a lighter red colour and it works well on that.....

#24 ynotshi

ynotshi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Lexus: is 200 se

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

mine is silver and i think it looks good on harleys or autoglym hd wax but i can tell you had my car a few years and silver is hard colour to make pop so getting a wet look will make reflections better giving a nice look esp in afternoon and night

#25 AKY-B

AKY-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Name: akhlas
  • Lexus: 2004 LS430 PREMIUM PACK LPG
  • Year: 2001

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hi all, just want to know what waxes you have tried and which works the best.
My personal budget for a tin of wax is 50, so before I buy I just want some opinions and advice.

Thanks any info would be helpful

SIMONIZ No 1 in the gold tin .about 8.00 excellent old fashoned wax

#26 welshman

welshman

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Lexus: IS220d SE

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Collonite 456 all the way this time of the year(2 coats) just for long term durability.

Rachels detailing snow foam for pre wash, zymol autowash using zymol fine cell sponge and 2 bucket method, rinse with filtered water, zymol hd cleanse, colonite and Mequires ultra detailing spray for quick spritzing .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have