Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all, quick question ..

is moving to lexus from vauxhall a no-brainer?

been to test drive two over last couple of days..

the first an IS250 SR (58 plate, 45k miles) and today an IS250 F-sport (60 plate, 52k miles).

my current car is only 2year old with 18k miles, am i safe to move to an older car , both have got fsh.

both drove superb and the F-sport was kitted out far better than the SR, but cost 2 grand more at £12k, is that a fair price?

cheers.

New vauxhalls actually are not that bad. Depends what you want from a car really. Lexus will be better dealer experience, more reliable, better built and imo is a far nicer place to be. If you just want a a-b car makes no difference.

I agree with Stuno1 but even if you do only want a car to go to a-b then i would still rather do it in a lexus. I wouldn't worry about the age of the Lexus as the reliability is enough to make a mechanic weep. Go and have a look in the workshop at a lexus dealership: they are wonderfully clean as there is nothing going on there! Invest in some vanity number plates and no-one will know that the Lexus is more than a year old. Enjoy

• Like 1

I agree with the comments above. I use to own a 02 vectra and I loved the car. very few things when wrong with it and when it did it was buttons to replace. The down side was that it was basic beyond words but it served me very well. On the other hand I had a 13 plate Insignia (1.8 petrol) as a courtesy car and would say it was the worse car I have ever driven. It was like driving a whale and had no power at all.

I think what has been said above is spot on. The Lexus is a far better place to be, but you need to be prepared to look after it and the servicing costs are a lot higher than a Vauxhall. However this should be balanced with the fact that if you do look after it with oil etc it should be very reilable and a lovely car to own (regardless of which one of the two cars you mentioned).

Take your time and ensure you get one which suits your needs. IMHO it is well worth finding one with the Mark Levinson stereo because it still brings a smile to my face when I turn it up and listen to the sound from it, I would find it hard to believe that there are many (if any) better factory fitted stereo out there on any car and that includes Mercs, Range Rovers and Audi's.

I totally agree about the ML stereo. It still amazes me that i hear things in the music that i had never heard before.

That's a good point to bear in mind as well about the cost of servicing. It ain't cheap but you really dont want to be cutting corners on that one

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links