Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Dvd Player Replacement

Hi members

I've previously posted about my faulty OEM Lexus DVD player. Buying a new one direct from Lexus is NOT an option after I was quoted £4359 by the Tunbridge Wells dealership!!

Anyway I was considering replacing the original device with an aftermarket variant. I plan to use the 12v cigarette lighter as the power source. What I want to know is if a straightforward connection with the red/yellow/white cables will work i.e. will I have a picture on my headrest screens and will the sound still come through the headphones? I have attached a couple of photos of the unit I was looking at to assist.

Just thought I'd enquirer before I spend out any more money!

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

COH555

post-53471-0-61139900-1435500334_thumb.j

post-53471-0-31610900-1435500356_thumb.j

Is your vehicle a facelift model? The first gen system isn't very good, and I think it is a rebranded Veba system.

I'm not sure if the original player has dual screen output and Infra red audio output directly or this comes from a second unit under the seat. If it is straight from the player then that suggestion probably isn't going to work.

I have seen several posts on here where people have bought Rx's without the ICE fitted and the dealer has had an aftermarket unit fitted for considerably less that the Lexus price. Have a search on here for ICE and see what you can find. The only reason that I car tell you this is that having bought a Rx400h a couple of months ago I am steadily reading my way through this forum to learn as much as possible about my car and too see what information is out there.

Seems a sound idea to me, you could (with the right cables) hook into the Aux inputs from your built in system/screens using the red/white/yellow RCA's in the driver seat back pouch. Possibly use industrial (1.5-2" thick) Velcro on bottom of new unit and mount under passenger seat (I assume old unit under driver seat would still need to be connected or bad JuJu may occur ie: system stops working completely if unplugged!)

You'll have to be creative with wiring runs to keep hidden/neat and if all works then look at splicing into factory fit DVD player wiring to save having the cig socket connected/dangling about!

1st step is a test, order a cheapy cable on eBay/Amazon for a device you do own (Iphone, heck even a home did player with an extension cord out to the car) and test the screens work and sound is good, then order your new unit and when it arrives get your shed-mechanic hat on and start plumbing it in!

Good luck!

Chris.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links