Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking about leasing a premium plus , thoughts

Hello all

thinking about leasing a RZ450e premium + though a salary sacrifice scheme, never thought about a Lexus , but it’s comparatively cheap for some reason (cheaper to lease this than a vw ID3 !)

Had a test drive over the weekend (dealership were terrible which was a surprise), quite liked the car, felt fast enough and had a nice premium feel to it , the only thing putting me off is reviews tend to be pretty negative, but I think this is mainly due to range.

if you have one do you like it or regret purchasing ?

Most of the time range won’t be an issue as I only do about 100 - 150 miles a week, however every few months I might do a 200 mile trip, what’s the range actually like ? Is it like a petrol where you get better efficiency on a motorway ?

any views appreciated 

Thanks

Toby

15 minutes ago, Ybotc said:

Is it like a petrol where you get better efficiency on a motorway ?

No, EVs are the opposite - they are efficient at low speed but are worse at high speed due to wind resistance.

• Like 2

As you’re leasing then the residual won’t be of any concern - if your primarily doing only 150 miles a week then range isn’t a concern. Will you have a home charger - if so, then the RZ will be a great car providing the lease payments are competitive. 
The recent software update (which a new car will have) have improved the range drop in using the ac / heating so a lot of the early reviews and particularly the What Car review are not as relevant. 
As a buyer rather than a leaser’ I very much regret getting an EV when I did - I wouldn’t if getting one now !

If you keep to about 60 - 65 on a motorway you may squeeze 200 miles without a charging stop. Charging is fairly rapid, actual world on a 150kw charger really is less than 30 minutes from 20% to 80%. You’ll read a lot about cars having say 250kw charge capacity but the overall average over a charge is always far below that so the actual time saved is say maybe 10 mins. 

For your mileage I would say if you want to go full EV (no doubt tax will be a major consideration on a company car) then the RZ would be a good car. 

• Like 7

Thanks really helpful, the salary sacrifice deal is pretty good, comes with charger, insurance, maintenance , 4000 free miles and will cost me about £500 a month, Lexus must be giving massive discounts as this is cheaper than an ID3 through the scheme.

feel a bit in two minds about an EV wouldnt buy one but happy to lease.

however I have specced with a towbar and Lexus appear to be saying that can’t get one with a towbar any more !!!

I’m guessing the massive discounts are because Lexus just can’t shift them. The media have not been kind to the RZ. I’m a Lexus fan and don’t normally listen to these type of reviews, but looking at the feed back on here and trying one for a day recently, I’m afraid it’s just not a competitive proposition, compared to the competition. However if they are cheaper than an ID3 on a lease, then I think it’s a good car at that price point. 

We have left the brand for our EV and have  gone down the Genesis GV70 route. In my opinion,  as a like for like comparison with the RZ450e, there is no completion and it beats the RZ in most areas (apart from the sound system), especially on the EV side of things.  Its charging curve is extremely good and for us, 10 minutes is a long time extra to be waiting.  I don’t think that Genesis have sold many GV70s, which is a shame (but a bonus for us as it’s super rare ), I guess people don’t have confidence in the brand, so there may be deals on a lease too.  We have a tow bar fitted to ours as well. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links