Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Courtesy Light Problem

Hi guys first time poster, can someone help me with a problem on my rx400 h se. 2005

When the rear interior cabin light is switched to "on" it works fine, yet the light does not switch on when the doors are opened and the switch is set to "doors"

The front interior light works fine and switches on when the doors are opened

Totally flummoxed by this one, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I think earlier models like my 1994 LS400 had physical door light switches and from what I can see the RX400h has the same.

Look along the door frame at the rear of the opening for the item shown, this is the door switch,check and see if it pushes in with your finger,if it does then carefully peel back the rubber cover to expose the fixing screw (if fitted),remove this and carefully withdraw the switch ( be carefull not to lose the wire down the door frame). Check the condition of the switch.

If you remove the wire to the switch ( don't lose it as above) and touch the connector to ground (the screw hole) the light should come on indicating it is the switch at fault.

post-12144-0-35410200-1449349921_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thx for the reply but it's not the switches as the front light console works fine, switching on and off when the doors open and shut, so the door switches are obviously working correctly, but the rear console won't switch on and off at the same time, although the switch is set to "doors", yet when I switch the rear console light on manually by moving the switch on the rear cabin light to "on" it works perfectly

Sounds like the switch in the lamp housing may have slight corrosion on the metal that is pushed in to make contact when you slide the plastic switch over to 'door' mode. Try taking it apart (as if you were swapping the bulb) and giving it a clean, the finish on the metal might be dull (oxidised) so a buff should shine it up to make a better contact. If it's not this simple fix, then could be a loose wire on the plug.

Good call Steve re: door switch, I've had this problem on the drivers door which stopped the auto-lights turning off when leaving the car!

It was a devil to take apart and clean but did the trick!

No need to buy a new one, just 15mins, a screwdriver, pliers and cotton buds...

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links