Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front Seat Leather Cushion Cover LS460

Hi all, A Senior member previously mentioned the upper side bolster air bag Re: Removal of a LS460 front seat.  He also advised to disconnect the Battery before disconnecting the air bag wiring block terminal, one of four electrical block connections.  The issue for me is the actual separating of this air bag block connection.  I want to eliminate some excess folds of leather that have developed over the first eight and a half years in the previous owner's hands (see pic).  To do this the seat needs to come out so as to remove the seat base leather cover. 

I can then pass the cover to a trimmer I've lined up.  He will unstitch the offending panel, cut away the stretched leather and then sew back together.    The assistance I need is how to unclip the air bag wiring block connector.  It's different to the 3 other block connectors, they just took seconds to separate.   The yellow air bag block terminal has a little clip arrangement but pressing that in only allows the yellow body to slide a little. There must be another step before I can separate the block.  I'm sure it's because it is the air bag wiring but this little block is stopping me in my tracks.  Any thoughts?    

002 (5).JPG

002 (3).JPG

The yellow block terminal is the air bag connector and is a two stage release for safety reasons. First press of the white clip allows the yellow body of the block connector to slide back a little.  Pressing the white release clip again allows the two halves to separate.   Negative side of the Battery needs disconnecting first and the vehicle allowed to stand for 10 mins while the residual current in the circuit drains.  The yellow air bag wiring/block should be re connected while the negative Battery lead is disconnected to avoid any accidents with the seat bolster air bag going off accidently.   Moreover the air bag warning light may appear after reconnecting and a reset may be required by a dealer.  Info supplied by Lexus Carlisle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links