TheFish512

IS200 tyre width

hello

I currently have my car lowered by 30mm both front and rear and was wondering if i could go from a 215 45 17 91w to a 225 or any larger without having to modify the arches.

Thank you 

Yes, should be fine.

My IS200 was lowered about the same and had a 225/45R17 F & 245/40R17 R setup. That was on IS250 wheels though (8" wide). I wouldn't want to go wider than 225 on standard alloys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Linas.P
      Sadly mk1 IS now go to the stage in it's life-cycle where I keep seeing poorly maintained and abandoned examples. This particular one was sitting in the same bay for at least a year and for at least 7 month had the notice stuck on the window warning that car will be towed away.
      Sadly, it is on private land so it will stay there - in other hand if it would be public land the car would already been crushed. It is kind of anointing that there are now way to save such cars (legally).

• By Normski
      After a TOTAL mare of a journey last night travelling from the Manchester back to Leicester (M6 > Stoke > A50 > M1) I *really* need to get my tyres changed. Took it steady unlike the MANY fools that drove past me and then seconds later ended up the embankment or in the central railings. Thankfully made it back in one piece...
      I've ran winter tyres on the cars for years but out of laziness on my part didn't get round to sorting them on the GS (OK partly because I keep on thinking of selling it!)...Don't fancy going down the route of swapping them over each season so thought I would look into All Seasons. Thinking the Vredsteins. Anyone have experience of these or any other All Seasons?? Worth it??
      Or should I really sort out my advert for selling the car 
    • By tom price esq.
      Hi,
      In need of parts in kensington green 6q7 :
      front bumper nearside wing nearside front door  nearside rear door I don't need the door cards, just the door with window, exterior handles and electric folding mirror for the front, plus if the bumper has the washer jets that would be great!  
      How much would I be looking at paying for all of these parts? if I could get these delivered that would be excellent!
      Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section, a bit frantic at the moment.
      Best,
      T
    • By John Hannah
      I have a recently purchased IS200 Sportcross and the rear tyres need replacing soon. Can anyone make recommendations for the best replacements please?
    • By harrylime
      I'm still deciding what tyres to put on my LS 400 17" dhp wheels, I need all five as I'm changing to a different size, due to expense and the age (2007) of my existing tyres. As usual I'm doing my research re noise , handling etc ( I probably overdo the research at times )
      It occurred to me that I do low mileage (currently on 69000), so the next replacements may be needed due to age rather than mileage. I contacted Blackcircles and asked whether I could specify tyres with a very recent date (DOT number), to ensure that I get the maximum lifespan. Their response explained that they could not guarantee recent tyres, as they obtained tyres from many suppliers. They also explained that tyres sold as new can be up to five years old, by law. It seems to be the luck of the draw, but your new tyres may have been manufactured a month ago, or 59 months ago. Obviously, much depends on handling and storage (exposure to sunlight etc), but I imagine the process of perishing starts immediately. I'd bet this is not common knowledge. it probably is not an issue for people who do greater mileages, but for me, it could be.