Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My '93 has (ignore all the others) 2 motors that power the seat back forwards and backwards, I mean it used to!

(This is an assumption based on how it moves now as opposed to how it used to!)

Now only the doorside one works, so the seat back will only move backwards and forwards on one side.

Not really a problem 'cos its stopped at my seat position, but the wifes complaning!

Is it a common problem?

Is it liable to be wiring or motor?

Is it easy to fix?

I can't even see how to remove the seat!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

See my post in the LS400 forum, or on the general forums under inside and out marked....TWISTED SEAT

If you need the information on the repair, drop me an e-mail and I can send it to you. Nothing worse than a luxury car with a crap seat...

Stew ;)

• 2 months later...

Last week my Citroen driving mate sits in my car and has never used electric seats before. I start showing off by adjusting the driver's seat here and there, then press button 1 of the seat memory to get it back in position.

It all went a bit wrong, because at that point, the driver's seat reclined back up on the door side, but not on the armrest side, and the seat appeared all twisted.

Oh, no, what do I do?

Lucky for me, we have people like Stew on this forum. I read his post, contacted him, and after 2 or 3 attempts at a fix, the seat is more or less working in terms of the recline problem. Well, I have managed to get both sides to recline up to a good driving position (not same as before but 90% there - the armrest side bolster is a bit too forward compared to the other side). I'm not sure how long my fix will last, so I was thinking of keeping an eye out for a 2ndhand seat (which doesn't have the problem) from a car in a breaker's yard.

Anyone ever swapped seats over? Is it something anyone (including me!) can do? Anyone know of any good Lexus breaker yards?

Thumbs up for Stew - You are a cool dude! :D :D :D

Moral of the story: Don't show off the electrics in your old Lexus, you tempt fate!

• 11 months later...

Help!! My front seat is also twisting from recline. What's the solution< Anyone?

e: mail

john.mckellar3 AT btinternet DOT com

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Carlo

Edited by ScarFace

Help!!  My front seat is also twisting from recline. What's the solution<  Anyone? 

e: mail

john.mckellar3 AT btinternet DOT com

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Carlo

read what Stu said above - look for his posts called TWISTED SEAT ;)

Thanks for the reply mate, but Atew does not reveal the solution!

Cheers,

Carlo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links