Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Navigation Updates

Has anyone had the dealer required map updates done?  If so, how much did you pay and how long did it take to do?

I have been quoted £157 + VAT (which I think is a bit steep to say the least) and it is a 3 hour process (I can't be bothered hanging around the service centre for 3 hours and I also wonder why it is quoted to take that long).

TIA

The price sounds about right for a dealer.

However, I dont think it takes 3 hours, I thought it was disk based on the 400h?

Im sure some people have had luck with getting new maps on eBay for like £60

• Like 2

I have a 09 450H SE-L Premier HDD based with gracenote.  3 hours does seem OTT especially if they pre-download the update it is simply applying a usb stick and letting it upload/apply to the car.  I would have thought an hour tops myself...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pooh-Bear said:

I have a 09 450H SE-L Premier HDD based with gracenote.  3 hours does seem OTT especially if they pre-download the update it is simply applying a usb stick and letting it upload/apply to the car.  I would have thought an hour tops myself...

Ah right, I swear it said you had a 400h before :S

Hmm, yeah, it should only take 1-1.5 hours max I think, can't take that long for maps unless its a really heavy file

TBH I'm not sure the exact model I have as it is described differently all over the place.  I 'bought a 450h SE-L Premier' which Lexus and the log book states it is a Premier.  However, it does not have Air suspension which I thought was standard on all SE-L models (I did buy 2nd hand).  It has HUD which I believe is only on the Premier, ML Sound, 10 pos memory seats, DAB, LED headlights, Radar/Auto cruise control etc etc so I am a little confused.  Not that worried about no air suspension anyway but it is confusing.

I wonder if, back in 09 it was an option to have std suspension?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links