Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want To Buy One!

Boeing

About 2 years ago, I moved from Holland to the UK, where I first saw a Soarer. Clearly this model has never been sold in Holland, and nobody (I think) took the effort to import one. Since I saw this soarer in the little village I live, I am really interested in buying one. I gathered quiet some information from the internet, just one question remains open: Why are they so cheap? I have to tell I never drove one myself, but if I look at them and read all the articles on the internet, this must be a fantastic car. What else could somebody wish for?

So looking around, I found a model a 93 4.0 model, with everything you could want including the EMV, leather interior and low milage. The only thing keeping me from having a look at it is that it is about 200 mls away from here. Could anything be wrong with this car?

Hope you can help a (wannabee) enthousiast!

Hi Boeing,

Glad to hear you are looking for such a lovely car:)

Basically, they were never sold anywhere apart from Japan (a similar, but different version was sold in America), so all Soarer's are imports - this brings the price down quite a lot. Particularly because of the way things work in Japan with used cars. Also, luxury cars do depreciate a lot anyway.

Soarer's are fantastic cars! Comfort, speed, toys, individuality....its HAS got it all!

BUT....you do either need to find a good one or buy a cheap one and be prepared to spend money on sorting it. It sounds like you have found quite a nice one!

Unless it comes with full history and you can see how its been looked after, you really should do a few bits of maintenance when you get it - Oil+filter, autobox oil+filter, cambelt, and possibly power steering fluid, brake fluid, and suspension bushes to help get the handling back to original (not so much of an issue on a later, low milage one).

Where abouts are you? And where's the car? If you are my side of London, I would be happy to take you out in mine. Its not quite sorted properly yet, but still beautiful to drive in.

Its also a good idea to take someone with you who knows Soarer's to look at any cars, as there are a few common problems to look for. Again, I would be happy to do this if I can get some time.

Good luck!

Carl

Dear Carl,

Thanks for your post. If it is possible I would really like to have a look at your car. Maybe you can sort out this add for the car I saw as well and answer some more questions i have about the soarers. I live very close to Stansted Airport, Bishops Stortford, so looking at your location your probably not that far away from me. I work at the airport as well, so i do have strange working times. But I hope we can find some time. Looking forward to it. Thanks

I live in the center of Bishops Stortford, so it can't be more than a 5 minute drive i guess. Next tuesday i'm off, so that sounds like a good idea (if they don't change me in the mean time). Please send your adress to my e-mail and the time i should come by. Looking forward to meet you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links