Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h revision differences

Hi All,

Does anyone have a list of the variations / improvements / revisions etc over the years of the IS 300h please?

Seems there has been quite a lot of extra kit added for model year 2017, like the option of the 10 inch screen, pre-crash safety sensors, all LED headlights and front and rear bumper styling tweaks on f-sport among other things.

What about the previous years too, is there a record anywhere of the revisions?

Thanks in advance,

1 hour ago, rcfsport said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have a list of the variations / improvements / revisions etc over the years of the IS 300h please?

Seems there has been quite a lot of extra kit added for model year 2017, like the option of the 10 inch screen, pre-crash safety sensors, all LED headlights and front and rear bumper styling tweaks on f-sport among other things.

What about the previous years too, is there a record anywhere of the revisions?

Thanks in advance,

Dont think there is a record anywhere of the changes

But essentially, the major revisions were addition of trim levels such as Executive, Advance and Sport in various years and there was a drivetrain "improvement" at some point in 2014 - these cars were supposed to get better MPG and had 2g/km less CO2 (for the F-Sport and Premier) anyway although it had an impact on drivetrain response.

There were no other revisions throughout apart from colour changes from say Ultra blue to Azure blue in 2015.

38 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Dont think there is a record anywhere of the changes

But essentially, the major revisions were addition of trim levels such as Executive, Advance and Sport in various years and there was a drivetrain "improvement" at some point in 2014 - these cars were supposed to get better MPG and had 2g/km less CO2 (for the F-Sport and Premier) anyway although it had an impact on drivetrain response.

There were no other revisions throughout apart from colour changes from say Ultra blue to Azure blue in 2015.

Hey Rayanns, Interesting that you mention that 2014 drivetrain tweak ... is there any more detail on this, or folks that have experience of before and after revision and the differences in responsiveness and fuel economy?

Also i wonder are those responsiveness differences are still present when flooring it (ie the kickdown click at the bottom of the accelerator pedal travel).

22 minutes ago, rcfsport said:

Hey Rayanns, Interesting that you mention that 2014 drivetrain tweak ... is there any more detail on this, or folks that have experience of before and after revision and the differences in responsiveness and fuel economy?

Also i wonder are those responsiveness differences are still present when flooring it (ie the kickdown click at the bottom of the accelerator pedal travel).

There was an article but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, if you look at certain cars - mainly early 13 and 63 plate models, you might notice that the grams of CO2 emitted are higher and there is a difference of a few MPG between the same trim levels. I believe the F-Sport on 13 and 63 plate (and possibly some 14 plates) were 109g/km of CO2 and 60.1 mpg whereas the later F-Sport models were 107g/km and 61.4mpg or something along the lines of that.

This was achieve by tweaking the hybrid setup so it goes earlier into EV mode and therefore uses less fuel and emits less. This of course impacted the responsiveness of the engine very slightly. To be fair you wouldn't notice unless you drove both back to back. The later models are still responsive but the 13 and 63 plates were almost instant. 

For example, my wife's IS F-Sport is 63 plate and was much more responsive than the 17 plate pre-facelift Sport we had as a loaner - you may be able to find where I documented this on the forum if you search carefully.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links